Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are 'ultra low king springs' illegal?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
its only illegal if you get caught LOL

Or spear off the road at 100km because your suspension does not have the require travel and unweights the car causing it to shoot off the road because of an otherwise normal bump killing or seriously injuring all the passengers plus whoever else is unfortunate enough to be in the way. Not to mention the associated insurance issues if it was found to contribute to an even minor accident. But on the other hand putting one's entire life on the line (both health and financially) so you can look cool driving down the road is a valid and acceptable risk. :bang:

Go for the Ultras man , the lower the better! They're illegal but who cares, we all have them. Its every mans secret dream. lol

orly??? I personally go for a setup that allows a given chassis to handle at it's potential myself. The idea of making something handle worse is just patently daft to me.

As for airbags, be sure to check that they are legal with your local department of transport and the kit you are buying complies with the relevant ADR's before fitting it to your car. IMO coilovers are the best answer going around at the moment as they let you set the ride hight at pretty much any hight you like whilst still allowing the appropriate suspension travel and fit quality dampers.

Reaper

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
I so hate the ass dragging look, it reminds me of kids these days who cant keep there pants up and show there boxers

Dazz