Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are ultratune anygood?

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
hey all,

my car is running real bad atm and it needs a service and tune!!:unsure:

im thinking of taking it to ultratune and glenelg (adelaide)
just wonderin if anybody has contacts ther and if they are good?

Thanks;)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Quite simply, depends on the owner.. I'm on pretty good terms with a guy who owns one and he's awesome..

Other ones are thieves..

So it all depends.. Simple as that..

Best advice, DIY.. Heaps of instruction on this forum, or get someone in Adelaide on the forum to show ya.. Their hourly rate would be much better then the $77 or whatever Ultratune charge..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not fixed price at all.. I rung about getting my extension housing oil seal changed..

Prices ranged from $90 to $200, within Ultratunes.. Go figure..

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Ok it depends if you know much about cars or not, if you don't, expect to get taken for as much as they can get out of you for faults that don't exist etc. My mum had real problems with them when she took it there for a service they wanted her to get all this other work done to the transmission and a few other things that IMO didn't need to be done coz there was nothing that I could see wrong with the parts after driving her car.

This was at the preston store on Albert st. Victoria, steer clear of there everyone. Ahhhh the power of the forum.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i know the manager of the unley ultratune, he's a real great guy and id recommend them. They had an awesome young mechanic working there but i think he's since gone back to school or something...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh yes.. I saw an apprentice mechanic do an oil change in 5 minutes at ultratune..He just undid the sump, let most of the oil drain, pulled off the filter, did up the sump, put on new filter and just filled her up..

I was like, wtf, the oil hadn't even fully drained..

You'll get horror stories everywhere..

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Shounak said:
Ahh yes.. I saw an apprentice mechanic do an oil change in 5 minutes at ultratune..He just undid the sump, let most of the oil drain, pulled off the filter, did up the sump, put on new filter and just filled her up..

I was like, wtf, the oil hadn't even fully drained..

You'll get horror stories everywhere..

Yeah it might be his boss who tells him to do that. Maybe he was told to not waste any time because then they can fix more cars or something. Who knows.

When I drain my sump, I pop the screw out and come back after 20 minutes and it's usually all gone by then.

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
To date they have been my preference over Holden. Better workman ship at a cheaper price.

I'll never use a Holden dealer again.

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
Well i took mine recently to do a rear main seal. Got it back and the gear changes and the gearbox were stiff as ****. They said bring it back as covered under warranty. Drives ok now. Only problem is the auto transmission light comes on..............apart from that i dont have any quarms with UltraTune.