Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF SV6/SS suede seats easy to keep clean?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've always heard from every shop such as Supercheap or Autobarn not to buy Armor All, apparently it's 'really bad'.

You only have to Google Armor All to read about all the alleged problems with it, in particular that it doesn't protect hard plastic surfaces but in fact shortens their life by causing premature cracking of the surface.

I don't know if some or all of the problems are true or if it a conspiracy that got out of control or even if the makers of Armor All have addressed and fixed the problems with the formula but what I don't like about Armor All is that it says it's non-greasy when it is and it is **** to touch when the car has been in the sun.

303 Products isn't greasy and is so much easier to apply and the matte finish is much better than Armor All because it doesn't introduce any shine to the surface.

That's my take on it.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Aero 303 or Bowdens Fabra Cadabra are my favs on Alcantara and fabrics in general...remember to always be patient & dab at a spill/stain...definitely do not scrub. I learnt about 3 decades ago to not use Armor All....not sure if they’ve changed the formula over the years but back in the day with pretty much nothing but hard plastics surrounding you, the result would be a slippery, shiny surface that attracted dust and cooked in the sun.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
As above special cleaners from Car care products is prob the best bet for quality.
I personally like to use Einzett Blitz (diluted) on all fabric including microsuede/Alcantara, it cleans even the worst fabrics and removes any grease/nicotine or any other nasty things.

That and a little leather brush works wonders for suede/acantara/microsuede.

Only thing with suede is it does tend to wear and flatten so you so do need to brush it back up again every now and then.

For vinyl and plastic all you have to do is avoid silicone based products, 303 Aerospace is good, but it's a bit too shiny for my liking. I like Einzett Cockpit Premium (when you can get it) but it can look a bit dull on some cars.
Also quite a fan of Bowdens Own Vinyl Care, it has a nice deep semi matte look and no slipperyness at all. Can also be used on rubber like mats, door mouldings, etc and works really well.

And yeah, old school armour all can cause premature damage to plastics by actually drying them out. I think their new stuff is silicone free (maybe good?:confused:) but i'm not game to touch anything they sell.

If you want to try something else for exterior plastics, give Bowdens own Vinyl Revival a shot, works very very well on near new cars, even if they are a bit faded. Also has no slipperyness, and is not greasy, and tends to last quite a long time.

Last edited: