Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Most Cross 8’s are private sales and prices are on par with yards.
18months on from looking for one has shown it.

Anyway, I just watched this and feel it adds to the conversation about collectible cars and, in this case, classic cars.

I think the VF (and Falcon XR’s) offer the keen driver more in the driving experience than most cars in the new car market. Much more can be said for older, well cared for Commodores too.

I feel there is no absolutes in an actual answer. The market will pay what it sees as the value it puts on the product. At this point, we value these cars.

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
MG SUEV 260km range $$44k

my ute gets 400km at best but i can't plug it into a cord at home.

solar array and battery and thats free fuel for the life of it.

upto $4.7k off a powerwall SA rebate so can get a 6kw full system with quality parts for just over $10k

probably take 10 years to pay off with how little power we use anyway.

question is this house with big trees or the next house and go off grid entirely.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
MG SUEV 260km range $$44k

my ute gets 400km at best but i can't plug it into a cord at home.

solar array and battery and thats free fuel for the life of it.

upto $4.7k off a powerwall SA rebate so can get a 6kw full system with quality parts for just over $10k

probably take 10 years to pay off with how little power we use anyway.

question is this house with big trees or the next house and go off grid entirely.

MG?

You know where you can stick your CCP car. Those things are literally made by SAIC a state owned and run enterprise.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
what isn't these days.

For sure still early adopter phase for all EV. paying a premium to be the first.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual

Its crazy, every other country to my knowledge is incentivising EV takeup through either road tax perks or grants.
Australia is lagging behind in EV sales due to cheap fuel, large distances and poor charging infrastructure.

It feels like they are trying to cash in too early. Maybe add an EV tax once the are established to recoup lost fuel duty, but to do it upfront seems odd.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Its crazy, every other country to my knowledge is incentivising EV takeup through either road tax perks or grants.
Australia is lagging behind in EV sales due to cheap fuel, large distances and poor charging infrastructure.

It feels like they are trying to cash in too early. Maybe add an EV tax once the are established to recoup lost fuel duty, but to do it upfront seems odd.

addicted to taxes, typical lazy Australian bullshit. Instead of reducing the input cost they drive up the revenue side.

For years we were told to "save water" so we do and then the unit cost goes up, same with electricity.

It's like the grid provider in Perth having a huge cry when so many people switched to solar - suddenly they aren't viable and have done - absolutely nothing - to move with the times.