Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And then there is Hydrogen which Toyota and Hyundai are progressing with.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'll believe the viability of H2 when I see it happening ... too much carting around of pressurised gases that are small molecules so escape easily, etc etc.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
And then there is Hydrogen which Toyota and Hyundai are progressing with.

Hydrogen is going to be a lot better battery than lithium ion batteries are for the environment. Less rare metals and mining involved.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
They could even - deep breath - get rid of some of the random road-usage taxes & get the cops who're applying those taxes to do some more societally-advantageous police work.
And I see NSW is dropping the "warning" signs on random speed checks. That unmarked 4WD on the side of the raod, could now be a speed check.
( and, how "safe" is this? You get pinged... 2 weeks later you get a fine. If it's so dangerous to speed anything above the speed limit, why dont they stop you WHEN you are speeding? Letting you drive on a a dangerous 107 in a 100 zone, is virtually condoning the practice.)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
And I see NSW is dropping the "warning" signs on random speed checks. That unmarked 4WD on the side of the raod, could now be a speed check.
( and, how "safe" is this? You get pinged... 2 weeks later you get a fine. If it's so dangerous to speed anything above the speed limit, why dont they stop you WHEN you are speeding? Letting you drive on a a dangerous 107 in a 100 zone, is virtually condoning the practice.)

the idea is to stop speeding because you never know where they will be, you only need to get pinged a few times to SLOW THE F*CK DOWN. Honestly I'm getting pretty sick and tired of maniacs zipping in and out often 10-20 k's over endangering everyone around them.

Now, the limits themselves I have issue with, but in all fairness they are where they are because you gotta cater to the lowest common denominator and draw a line somewhere. People cite the autobarn and stuff like that but their standard of driver and road are above us so we're stuck where we are unfortunately.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
These signs in America always make me laugh

766e7dd6ffe2b535152c3592e73dbb5f.jpg

Highways are usually the lowest incident areas as traffic is always going the same way, reducing head ons/t-bone etc.
I agree, people who do 60+ in 50 built up areas are far more dangerous.
In the UK, 30mph and 60mph are very common limits, especially in the countryside. Some people will happily do 40mph everywhere

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
These signs in America always make me laugh

766e7dd6ffe2b535152c3592e73dbb5f.jpg

Highways are usually the lowest incident areas as traffic is always going the same way, reducing head ons/t-bone etc.
I agree, people who do 60+ in 50 built up areas are far more dangerous.
In the UK, 30mph and 60mph are very common limits, especially in the countryside. Some people will happily do 40mph everywhere

Does the chopper send a few live rounds at the speeder to slow them down ?

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES

WA has gotten rid of the signs for more than a decade now, seems like this time it’s the Eastern states who are 20 years behind lol

Oh and our SCO also loves to hide the cameras in bushes (while themselves hid even deeper inside), setup their revenue machines at top “dangerous” locations like right at the end of a downhill, just before the speed limit change on the freeway on-ramp and right near the end of a overtaking lane for rural country roads... lol

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
WA has gotten rid of the signs for more than a decade now, seems like this time it’s the Eastern states who are 20 years behind lol

Oh and our SCO also loves to hide the cameras in bushes (while themselves hid even deeper inside), setup their revenue machines at top “dangerous” locations like right at the end of a downhill, just before the speed limit change on the freeway on-ramp and right near the end of a overtaking lane for rural country roads... lol

S.A now have vans with cameras front, side and rear inside of it, with no warning signs around it...I saw one about a week ago....only picked it up, as they do their usual trick of "hiding" in the same spot they always do....