Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

NicholaSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
My VX SS was a last hooray for me IRT the old V8.

I paid way to much for it at the beginning of the year, $13k for a mint car with unbelievably low original km, 115k km, but I had the available funds to waste on a toy to play with.

I haven't owned a Holden V8 for 20 years prior to me purchasing the VX.

I have been playing with turbo 6 and 4 cylinder cars prior to getting the VX, and the VX was a compulse buy in the end.

I went looking for something new and sporty, but sentimentality got in the way of common sense, and I purchased a fat old 4 door with a V8 and slush box.

Funny thing, typical cars to mine on caresales are being advertised for over $20k now, some with twice the km's, meh.

But, I am enjoying the old girl and it is a comfortable old bus to cruise around in, plus, with some basic mods to the engine and driveline, it launches hard and does mad skids on demand.

My opinion on why prices have sky-rocketed:
Covid, every man and their dog is building project cars, all the performance workshops I know are full tilt doing builds and tunes, everything that has any performance background, or cult classic following are getting some love.

A few of my mates have said the best thing about the VF, is its engine and gearbox that they have used for swaps.

Good times

Disclaimer: this post represents the official views of the voices in my head
I don't think you over paid, that's a pretty good deal for the kays it's done imo. I paid $8700 for my S2 VT SS in February with 156k kms. I wanted a really clean V8 Holden, wether it was a Commodore or even a Statesman. There's a vx SS on carsales.com right now with 356k KMs and they're asking $9000 for it so I think we both got good deals. Anyway, back to topic, yeah I think they be collectables but I don't think they will be big money spinners. If you put say $70000 in a high interest savings account for the next 20-30years you'd make way more profit. That's my 2 cents.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I don't think you over paid, that's a pretty good deal for the kays it's done imo. I paid $8700 for my S2 VT SS in February with 156k kms. I wanted a really clean V8 Holden, wether it was a Commodore or even a Statesman. There's a vx SS on carsales.com right now with 356k KMs and they're asking $9000 for it so I think we both got good deals. Anyway, back to topic, yeah I think they be collectables but I don't think they will be big money spinners. If you put say $70000 in a high interest savings account for the next 20-30years you'd make way more profit. That's my 2 cents.

never confuse carsales list prices of an indicator of anything but what some sucker will pay. that car will NEVER sell at that price.

NicholaSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
never confuse carsales list prices of an indicator of anything but what some sucker will pay. that car will NEVER sell at that price.
Yeah, I should have clarified that in my post.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
  • Haha
Reactions: Lex

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
It's hiding in your home loan. I'm currently paying 3% and in the process of refinancing. You can get it as low as 1.6-7 now, have a look around.

Every extra dollar you pay off your home loan effectively the same as a high interest saving account.

little bit of a stretch, especially if property tanks, but yes paying down debts while rates are low is the smartest thing anyone can do right now. mrs and I are dumping huge amounts into our loan and the dollars are just falling off with the low rates. It's dare I say it a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It's hiding in your home loan. I'm currently paying 3% and in the process of refinancing. You can get it as low as 1.6-7 now, have a look around.

Every extra dollar you pay off your home loan effectively the same as a high interest saving account.

After spending near on 25 years in banking, I am well aware of the benefits of smashing down the home loan, particularly in a low interest rate environment.

Still doesn't equate to a high interest savings account though, even after factoring in the tax free benefit.