Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
No. The price of petrol will fall as it must be produced to get all the other things we need from a barrel of oil. plastics, fertiliser, asphalt etc.
It will become a by-product like LPG and refineries will be happy for anybody to take it off their hands.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hybrids are just efficient ICE cars.
EV’s have their downsides at the moment, but the massive reduction in complexity & the infinite torque at standstill combines to make ‘em a really interesting appliance for the transportation of people & stuff.
With relatively large RHD markets like the UK banninating ICE sales in 10 year’s time, and the Japanese (the other big RHD market) very much being early adopters, I reckon we should expect to see a huge bloom of EV’s in just the next couple of years.

I disagree; it’s not that VE’s will always just look more outdated & be less comfortable, it’s because the biggest component of future value - nostalgia - will remember them as lesser vehicles.

Hybrids maybe more efficient just like the electric cars, but they haven't taken off like the gov't and some motoring bodies wanted them too...

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Hybrids maybe more efficient just like the electric cars, but they haven't taken off like the gov't and some motoring bodies wanted them too...
Unless you spend your trips in stop go traffic hybrids and extremely poor value for money.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unless you spend your trips in stop go traffic hybrids and extremely poor value for money.

This is how people spend most of their time in cars and why they were made....We could also add in emissions etc etc, but we won't go down that path.....However they haven't been as popular as expected

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Collectable — at what price?
Judging by this little chestnut on display here in Geelong seen this morning, prices on the used market are heading north.
$32,000 and 112,598k. Lordy, lordy!! :eek:

November 5th 2019 I only splashed out $24,700 (after trade-in of VZ: mangy man offered $1,400 for VZ; I sent brother out and he came back with new offer: $3,000 trade-in...), same specimen, mint condition and 63,440km on the odo. There has been so media/industry commentary recently where the pandemic has pushed up the prices of used cars because people are shunning public transport and demand has created a shortage. I can recall it was said that Holden had gained 9.4% in one week (!). It might not be a continuous trend though. Only time will tell.

1605921680747.png

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
This is how people spend most of their time in cars and why they were made....We could also add in emissions etc etc, but we won't go down that path.....However they haven't been as popular as expected

I would argue that not everybody deals with peak hour, stop go traffic, I don't.

If you do deal with peak hour traffic on a daily basis, a typical cheap Hybrid, lets say the Corolla SX sport hybrid is about $2k more than a "normal" SX sport.

For a little economical 125kw 200nm 2.0l that could be a years worth of fuel.

Also, the 1.8l hybrid only has 72kw 142nm, which become blatantly apparent when the car sees a hwy.

I agree that a little hybrid is a handy car for peak hour traffic jams, but it will fall on its face in clear traffic.

Don't believe me, go hire one for a weekend, we got "upgraded" from the basic corolla to a hybrid corolla a while ago, I have hired the normal corolla before, it was a nippy little econo-car, it did the Brisbane to Amberley run brilliantly, the hybrid was a slug.

Albeit my view is based on hiring the cars from Brisbane airport and driving them to Amberley.

Now, if only a full electric car was at a reasonable price and charging was logistically easy, now that "is" a perfect stop start vehicle.

I won't go into how un-enviromentaly friendly full electric cars currently are.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
I don't think you over paid, that's a pretty good deal for the kays it's done imo. I paid $8700 for my S2 VT SS in February with 156k kms. I wanted a really clean V8 Holden, wether it was a Commodore or even a Statesman. There's a vx SS on carsales.com right now with 356k KMs and they're asking $9000 for it so I think we both got good deals. Anyway, back to topic, yeah I think they be collectables but I don't think they will be big money spinners. If you put say $70000 in a high interest savings account for the next 20-30years you'd make way more profit. That's my 2 cents.

You must be dreaming...….$70000 in term deposits today are paying 0.80% P/A....in 1989 they were paying 17.0% P/A....that was 19 years ago.

Smithston

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss 5.0
What a fantastic word, I have to figure out how I can get that into my vocabulary.

Seriously, that was probably the most pertinent post on this forum that I have read.

My money is on VE GTS Series 3 25th addition, that is some serious sex. Sure the VF performs better but realistically, the future will judge the VF as just a rebadge of the VE.

Come at me boys.
Ha. You are a brave man.
Also a right brave man.
The poor old vf.