Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VF's going to be collectables?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Then there’s the Scando country where the fine is proportional to wealth - unsure whether income or assets - and stupidly rich bloke in Lambo gets 20km/h over fine for the equivalent of ~$150k ... :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
These signs in America always make me laugh

766e7dd6ffe2b535152c3592e73dbb5f.jpg

Highways are usually the lowest incident areas as traffic is always going the same way, reducing head ons/t-bone etc.
I agree, people who do 60+ in 50 built up areas are far more dangerous.
In the UK, 30mph and 60mph are very common limits, especially in the countryside. Some people will happily do 40mph everywhere
There was a sign in the middle of the nullabour years and years ago which proudly stated “aerial speed checks“ but it was quickly graffitied to read ”pigs in space” :cool:

Normally I think graffiti is vandalism but in this case I think it was apt :p In fact this indiscretion even made it onto the pages of wheels magazine :D

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We get a warning over here if its a minor offence, only catch is you need a clean driving history for a certain length of time. I don't know how it would work if the camera trailer gets you, as from what I understand, from others that have been let off, you need to be pulled over.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
[/URL]

the main takeaway I got from reading this was that their speeding fine is only 20 euro (or around $30) for 11km/h over on the motorway...

Here the starting price is $200 (WA is the “cheapest” I believe?)

Here in QLD I think the starting price is $110 for up to 10 over the limit. Works out to be a good money grab for the government because they make all the motorways 100 when they should be 110 and book people for doing the speed limit it’s supposed to be!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
[/URL]

the main takeaway I got from reading this was that their speeding fine is only 20 euro (or around $30) for 11km/h over on the motorway...

Here the starting price is $200 (WA is the “cheapest” I believe?)
The main take I get is that low level speeding isn’t a big thing but they don’t tolerate bad road behaviour which can lead to road rage...

Pity we aren’t so enlightened down under :rolleyes:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Fatigue is easily managed with time management

Hundreds of thousands of professional drivers manage their time every day of the week

Prior planning prevents piss poor performance

From my experience people will make up any excuse to rationalise the decisions they make

VF collectable? Don't know
Hybrid? Don't know
EV? Don't know
Fuel economy? Don't care
What oil is the best? 10w60
Is Cake Eater is an over opinionated arsehole?...............yes

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Then there’s the Scando country where the fine is proportional to wealth - unsure whether income or assets - and stupidly rich bloke in Lambo gets 20km/h over fine for the equivalent of ~$150k ... :)
In Finland, IIRC, it’s based on previous years taxable income. Some 35 years ago a chap was fined the equivalent of 147,000AUD for going 10kph faster than allowed in a school zone. They are very safety focused but they didn’t blindly apply fines as they do down under as out in the frozen tundra, those fins ignore the limits and nobody seems to really care :cool:

Down under it would be an easy legislative change to value penalty points based on offenders previous year taxable income rather than it being set to $/point as is currently the case... Let’s hope they don’t go down that path :rolleyes:

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
Down under it would be an easy legislative change to value penalty points based on offenders previous year taxable income rather than it being set to $/point as is currently the case... Let’s hope they don’t go down that path :rolleyes:

What about the reverse?

So if I have no income (leeching off centre link) speeding in my clapped out VN would the fine be like $9.95?

Lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What about the reverse?

So if I have no income (leeching off centre link) speeding in my clapped out VN would the fine be like $9.95?

Lol
Dole bludgers just pay their fines off at $10 a week. Some pay nothing and they just accrue but they can't hold a licence until they go on and maintain fine instalments. 1000s of them owe between $5k and $15k in fines and some will not pay them off before they die.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
......penalty points based on offenders previous year taxable income.....

Great idea.....so old mate who is living the life via trust assets but has minimal taxable income in his own name pays bugger all.

Trust me, there are plenty of these people running around.

Yeah, nah.