Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VR front springs the same as vp's

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey All

Just a quick question....

Are VR Front Springs the same as VP fronts???

Im sure they are the same but just wanna see if anyone else can confirm this for us.....

Cheers for any help....:thumbsup:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
R u sure coz i fort they tok the same shock n springs coz it the same setup...
dont they take the same rotor aswell.....

I fort the only difference was the strut top bearing plate....

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
1991_Vn2nV said:
VR's also require shortened front shockers when fitted with lowered springs for extended bump travel, where as VN/VP's do not.
Suckers....Now they wish they bought a VN instead of a VR. :D

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Vn2Nv is right they are different up front. Because when i was having mine done they worked there nads off to do them, They had a VT VS in also and told me the rear is easy but the front is hard, With VR's onwards it's as easy to remove the front springs as it is the back. Wheres VP back remove the strut the works.
I belive the shock isnt in the middle of the springs vr on.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah just rang a suspention place they are different but he wasnt sure how much difference there was......He finks they may be a bit higher.....

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
The VR/VS shock is part of the strut where the VN/VP take a cartridge. You still need to take the strut out to replace the springs.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i bougth some vr front springs from a swap meat and my mate put them in a VL. the only difference i could see was the top of the spring was ground flat. i couldn't see any other difference. he is having no problems at all with the car. VL springs will go in a vn and vice versa so i can't see any problem there.
i am not saying that they are not different but i know it can be done with no problems

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
defa said:
i bougth some vr front springs from a swap meat and my mate put them in a VL. the only difference i could see was the top of the spring was ground flat. i couldn't see any other difference. he is having no problems at all with the car. VL springs will go in a vn and vice versa so i can't see any problem there.
i am not saying that they are not different but i know it can be done with no problems

It CAN be done, but it shouldnt be. Hell you can put slinky's in there if you want.

And yes im sure im right.. I always am :p lol

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i see your point, but, i can't see what the problem is with doing it. as they are the same size. they don't rattle at all. the car handle's really good. why shouldn't it be done.. that i would like to know so i could tell my mate, cos he is selling the car soon i think..