Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VT & VX ABS Modules Interchangeable

Mickob1958

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Acclaim
Hi Guys & Gals, I have to change my ABS Module on my VX as it is lightning the dash up like a Xmas tree. Will a VT ABS Module interchange with a VX.
The Bosch number of the Module is 0 273 001 348 and on the VX the Bosch number is 0 273 004 485. After watching a Youtube video the guy said they were interchangeable. I am just wanting to make sure
Mick

mantis3dfx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Hi Guys & Gals, I have to change my ABS Module on my VX as it is lightning the dash up like a Xmas tree. Will a VT ABS Module interchange with a VX.
The Bosch number of the Module is 0 273 001 348 and on the VX the Bosch number is 0 273 004 485. After watching a Youtube video the guy said they were interchangeable. I am just wanting to make sure
Mick
Just trying to figure out the same headache myself. Apparently,, numbers ending with the following sets of last 3 digits - 485, 220 & 348 - are interchangeable. The problem for me is, I have access to a VX SS module, with the last set of 3 digits being 486, but my Y2 Maloo's last set of 3 digits, ends with 588.
Oh well, I can only give it a try I guess.
...I mean, afterall, what's the worst thing that can happen!

Quick edit here:

So. ...What's the worst thing that can happen? Well, the following I guess, lol ...IDidn'trealise that the ute and sedan ones were different to the point that they cannot even be interchanged. The VX Sedan ones are physically longer due to having an extra row for relays on the sedan, which with only two extra relays in that row, I can only think has something to do with trac control, which the sedans have and (at least, VY) utes, do not... So that answers that part of the question

Last edited:

Philip White

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss commodore 02
Just trying to figure out the same headache myself. Apparently,, numbers ending with the following sets of last 3 digits - 485, 220 & 348 - are interchangeable. The problem for me is, I have access to a VX SS module, with the last set of 3 digits being 486, but my Y2 Maloo's last set of 3 digits, ends with 588.
Oh well, I can only give it a try I guess.
...I mean, afterall, what's the worst thing that can happen!

Quick edit here:

So. ...What's the worst thing that can happen? Well, the following I guess, lol ...IDidn'trealise that the ute and sedan ones were different to the point that they cannot even be interchanged. The VX Sedan ones are physically longer due to having an extra row for relays on the sedan, which with only two extra relays in that row, I can only think has something to do with trac control, which the sedans have and (at least, VY) utes, do not... So that answers that part of the question
Hey mate,

Do you still have the vx 486 one? I need it if you do.