Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are VZ and VY Bonnet the Same?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Supercharger
Hi All.

Just wondering if the VY and VZ Bonnets are the same or are they different. I have a VY S Pac and was thinking of changing the bumper, grill and lights to that of VZ.

Wondering if i have to change the bonnet as well/

Cheers

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
Nope. They are different

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
Same shape but different designs as the Vy is flat & the VZ has two ridges thay run the lenghy of the bonnet and match up with the front bar.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The recessed section of the front bonnet lip over the grille is different to0. I think the recess on the VZ is wider.

lukeyVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Executive 2
Hi, i didnt wanna start a new thread, but was wondering if all VZ front lights had the straight edges unlike the VY with a little circle on the bottom of each one. I wanna get a new front bumper mines a little battered, the VZ ones look better i think and seem to be much more common in the quokka. Any help would be good cheers.

Was thinking if i bought a S/H VZ front bumper i could cut out the holes for my VY style lights to fit in properly, or do the screw holes not line up? would be a tricky mod to do lol.

luke.