Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are you about to have a Heart Attack

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So I lived a very unhealthy life style in my teens and 20's. Working hard, drinking hard, smoking untill 26, eating sugar including drinking soft drinks at work instead of water. I also would eat too much meat then eat heaps of veggies thinking thats going to balance things out..... and I still to this day eat too much salt.
I was recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea.

So now I get chest pains and the doctors tell me I'm fine, my BP is good and my heart beats fine.
So if I have an attack meh I literally can't do anything other than reducing bad habbits.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Pericarditis.

"A swelling and irritation of the thin, sac-like membrane surrounding the heart (pericardium).
Pericarditis may be caused by a viral infection (Yes for me) or heart attack. In many cases, the cause is unknown.
The most common symptom is sharp, stabbing chest pain that may travel to the left shoulder and neck. Pericarditis usually begins suddenly but doesn't last long.
Most cases are mild and usually improve on their own. Treatment for more severe cases may include medication LIKE ME and (rarely) surgery."

I have had Pericarditis twice (possible 3 as I have forgotten) after I had my heart attack and most today will think Pericarditis is a another heart attack because it disguises like a heart attack but its not. (Call for a Ambulance if not sure) See you loose capacity, pain in your heart side arm, pain in that shoulder, pain in that area like what I have said in the Above.
See when you get Pericarditis Pericarditis strangles your heart to a point that you loose about 60-75% of you capacity so if you can walk 5 miles normally when you have Pericarditis you can't walk 500mtrs and need a rest.
For me I couldn't walk 50 mtrs and had to sit down but if you are having another heatt attack NOTHING except for Valium will get rid of the pain off a heart attack but with Pericarditis you can take BRUFEN or Panadol and the pain is gone for hours but will come back later until Pericarditis is gone from you body.
You will notice if you have Pericarditis when you lay on your back (bed or Lounge) you heart side arm/shoulder hurts more, I think, I think when you walk reasonably fast and suddenly stop you get more pain on that effected area but i sleep time what i did 20 minute ( 20 minutes it the kick time to BRUFEN to work) before bed time i took BRUFEN so I would go to sleep.
Its Treated with over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin (not strong enough for me) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) but since I'm experience with this I know if I'm having a Heart attack or Pericarditis but for most I will say ring 000 or get someone to ring 000 and ask for a ambulance and say POSSIBLE HEART ATTACK other wise you might get a Ambulance that has not all the gear for a Heart Attack Patient

I test My self

See where I live I have my test 3K walk. This 3K walk has 500 mtr of a slow grade hill then it flat but half way it have a very, very steep 250M section then goes down. Now this hill if you left "A" car in neutral up the top and engine off, and the car was pointed to the bottom of the hill and take the hand brake off the car will be doing 80 KPH at the bottom. Yes it a good test to see if you Heart is up to it.
When I had Pericarditis I couldn't walk 500 mtr of a slow grade hill as I had to turn around and go back, (FORGET THE STEEP SECTION.)

I have been doing this for 12 years and the last time I went for a walk on this Test walk was 2 days ago (8/9/21) and got through it with flying colours.
This hill will give you a slight pain a Very Very Slight pain on your heart side the same Same pain within 5% that I uses to get 12years ago because your STINTS CAN BLOCK IF YOU DONT TAKE YOUR LIPITOR every day (Lipitor is a medical for cholesterol) and your stents can still block if you are taking Lipitor every day since you had your heart attack.
Every now and then I walk on this Test run and I take my daughter with me as she always have her Mobile Phone with her just in case I need to ring a ambulance all because I don't have a Hospital grade Treadmill in my house so I found a run that has a steep hill like I have and test yourself.

Last edited: