Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Cars in australia come out with them standard now, they are certainly not illegal, when fitted correctly you have greater crisper vision. I have yet to be blinded by a set of these on low beam. Now normal headlights....they are crap, lights pointing upwards blinding the **** out of me. I have never been picked up for my HID's.

Last edited:

vlrb30

Reaction score
Members Ride
nf fairlane s/c kit 14psi
hi just wondering if ther was a set minimum ride hight for your car or if it varies from model to model thanks

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yes it does.....depends which copper you get now i suppose, some measure it as 100mm from the lowest point to the ground, others measure from the wheelarch to the centrecap on your wheel

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
It's supposed to be from the lowest point. It depends on the copper as some are more experienced than others and won't have to measure.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
hi just wondering if ther was a set minimum ride hight for your car or if it varies from model to model thanks

I have the eye brow heights (wheel arch to centre of wheel) for a VL at home.

Send me a PM and i'll reply when i get home and check them out.

the 100mm ground clearence is the same for any commodore.

greengoose999

vz SV6 ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed M6 Ls1 Calais
gday.
in the last 2 weeks i have been pulled over about 4 times by police, not that i have been speeding or anything at all wrong. they pull me over ask all these questions under the sun about me and my car and i want to know why they do this as i dont get breathe tested or anything. it just seems like im being harrassed just because im a red p-plater and drive a nice new ute.
cheers.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
gday.
in the last 2 weeks i have been pulled over about 4 times by police, not that i have been speeding or anything at all wrong. they pull me over ask all these questions under the sun about me and my car and i want to know why they do this as i dont get breathe tested or anything. it just seems like im being harrassed just because im a red p-plater and drive a nice new ute.
cheers.

you just answered your own question.

your a red p plater with a new ute.

moconn20

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
This question may sound silly, but i am genuinely interested in your answers.
Im a paramedics student and this is something which has been discussed in class after a lecturer brought the topic up.
In NSW it is my understanding that the legislation covering the ambulance profession doesnt specifically permit ambulance officers to break the speed limit, or breach any road rules. Therefore technically any ambulance officer responding to a job can be given a ticket for speeding etc.
do you know of any police officers ever doing this?
Surely the answer would have to be no unless the ambo was driving like a maniac, but im just curious.

Thanks

sleepwlaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT5.0
if i do 8 second quarter miles in front of the police station, never exceed the leagl speed limt and within the noise limit, drive while not drunk and wear a seatbelt, and have my car totally within legal parameters and they pull me over, what should i do...??? what are my rights?