Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

9C1pack

Reaction score
What cars are the prefered mount of the the Vic police officers?
Out of say the Commodore, Falcon in the patrol cars, and the SS, WRX V8 Falcon etc in the Highway cars and why? EG: comfort for long hours of duty or performance etc?
Do you all rush to get a favourite car or get told what car you are rostered with? :unsure:

tezron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
mate of mine in local TMU prefers the SS way above others. Doesnt like Falcons and not at all impressed with WRX.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I am in Victoria and thanks that answers my question.. but what about say the sv6.. would that be over the p:w also? Is the power measured in KW etc?

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
My sis, who is a big Ford fan and goes to all the V8's and should work for friggin Ford, said that the police prefer the Holdens due to the fact that they have a better electrical system to run all thier peripherals. She reckons when they had the Fords they were often waiting for a jump cause the battery would drain. Anyone feel free to correct this! :)

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
newo said:
My sis, who is a big Ford fan and goes to all the V8's and should work for friggin Ford, said that the police prefer the Holdens due to the fact that they have a better electrical system to run all thier peripherals. She reckons when they had the Fords they were often waiting for a jump cause the battery would drain. Anyone feel free to correct this! :)

If they were having this problem, you think they may have installed a second battery to make sure this didn't happen (ie like people having a second battery to run a sound system, and similar setup with the battery on the boot all wired up etc...).

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Can we get back on topic please?

I'd personally be checking the main roads legislations for your state. Most answers are able to be found in there and would be the most accurate up to date facts. If the answers aren't in there then I'd definately ask this guy. But I wouldn't be asking him whether the police prefer leather or velour seats.

One thing is for certain, noone is really safe depending on the cop that you get on the day, if he wants you, I'm sure he can be a big enough prick to find a problem with your car, and there are those type around. On the other hand theres the occassional nice cop that helps you out or lets you off with a warning.

So maybe we can keep it on track.

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
just out driving last night saw a sh*t load of trucks on the highway, if it is illegal to have lights fitted to the out sideof your car while driving, y are they lit up like christmas trees?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Why are the trucks lit up like christmas trees.. Purely for visibility I'd imagine. So you can see where they start and finish.

As for the lights, I'm fairly sure you can have as many forward facing as you want so long as they are white. I think most trucks are amber now that I think of it. And the rear facing lights have to be red.

9C1pack

Reaction score
Yes, "lit up like Xmas trees", so you can see where they start and finish.
I came upon a train crossing once, on a back country road, when a very long slow moving freight train was crossing the road, if I had not seen the engines light first, it was difficult to see the grimy wagons in the dark misty rain. It only had a light on the engine and the last wagon. Perhaps they could fit them with neons :yeah:

M

matt69

u probly cant help me but in wa the fines for offences particulary the monetary values seems to differ depending on personal preference of the issuing officer. like i was fined 600 for driving an unregistered vehicle. and a mate of mine same deal only 400. wats going on?