Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
fourstar82 said:
If they were having this problem, you think they may have installed a second battery to make sure this didn't happen (ie like people having a second battery to run a sound system, and similar setup with the battery on the boot all wired up etc...).

Well according to the almighty (my sister as she likes to think she is) she claims that Ford saw it as uneconomical to equip the patrol cars with a better bus bar. They looked at it that it would only be a few thousand cars needing changes. Then again, how good does it look when it's YOUR car in pusuit of one braking the law?

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Matt69 - My understanding is that the little book of fines (not it's real name) that officers of the law carry around with them details information about offences and comes complete with a minimum and maximum fine. I believe it is at the officers discretion as to what value he places on the incident.

Example:

Bad Guy #1 is hooning around all night and is witnessed being an arse by the officer and gets done for driving recklessly, he gets the maximum because he's an idiot.

Bad Guy #2 is driving around all night but not being a hoon and accidentaly looses his vehicle around a corner, officer goes a little easier on him as he can see he's genuinely upset over the incident.

That's my understanding, some from personal experience, I've been done for the same thing a couple of times (minor stuff) and received varying figures.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
matt69 said:
u probly cant help me but in wa the fines for offences particulary the monetary values seems to differ depending on personal preference of the issuing officer. like i was fined 600 for driving an unregistered vehicle. and a mate of mine same deal only 400. wats going on?

matt69 I can probably help you out with this one..... Although I don't deal alot with traffic side of policing. (I do know a little though)...

Did you go to the court for your offence of Unregistered motor vehicle..... If you did then the penalty is up to the Magistrate, a Police prosecutor will argue to go maximum penalty if you have had a few charges but final decission is with the magistrate....

As for your fines and even your mates fine, they both seem to excesive to be infringements and the last I knew, driving an unregistered vehicle could not be dealt with by way of infringement....................

There are only a few fines in WA that are up around the $600 mark and one of the is Contravene Compliance notice. (yellw sticker) get caught with an expired one and that will cost you $600 big ones......

Although I think this thread is great it should be mentioned that all states have different laws and there is no point asking this guy questions if you are from Melbourne when he's in NSW...........................

EDIT: all infringement penalties are set values, it is not up to the indiviual officer...........

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
Serving Police Member,

always wondered;

when you get pulled up, why is it that you are asked 'is there any reason why you were speeding' etc??

is there a valid excuse??

is this in case your a plain clothes, unidentifiable secret police officer on a secret mission??

no, i'm not being smart, i seriously would like to know why you get asked this??

Just_Ice

Reaction score
holden#1 said:
Serving Police Member,

always wondered;

when you get pulled up, why is it that you are asked 'is there any reason why you were speeding' etc??

is there a valid excuse??

is this in case your a plain clothes, unidentifiable secret police officer on a secret mission??

no, i'm not being smart, i seriously would like to know why you get asked this??

You could be speeding for any particular reason.................. You would be asked this for any offence and it is not just related to traffic you get to have your say....

May be a doctor on the way to emergency surgery.... May be someone in your car who is having a baby....

Could possibly be someone who is shot in the back of your car and you are rushing them to hospital.....

Though it doesn't really give the the permission to speed,you have to look at each case on its merit......

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
are you a serving police member too???
i was sort of wanting a coppers point of view....
i mean to say...
"Could possibly be someone who is shot in the back of your car and you are rushing them to hospital" cops would say 'you should have stopped and called an ambulance'

you know i want the official word....

Just_Ice

Reaction score
holden#1 said:
are you a serving police member too???
i was sort of wanting a coppers point of view....
i mean to say...
"Could possibly be someone who is shot in the back of your car and you are rushing them to hospital" cops would say 'you should have stopped and called an ambulance'

you know i want the official word....

Yes I am, but no one is going to give you the official word, because at the end of the day it is up to the individual officer....... What I say could be totally different to someone else.......

Yes someone could have called an ambulance, not sure if you have been in an emergency situation yourself but some people just don't think straight and they just think of the obvious and that is to get you to hospital as soon as possible.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Ludacris said:
Yes I am, but no one is going to give you the official word, because at the end of the day it is up to the individual officer....... What I say could be totally different to someone else.......

Mate, its great to see a real officer, acting like he should and not condoning idiotic **** :)

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
I dare say it must lose its charm after a while cruisin' the Hay plains....
But if its done in an SS it can't be too bad...

from an officers point of view, as a police car, how do you find Fords vs Holdens? One thing I have always wondered...

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
I find the Falcons much more comfortable to drive for long periods. And I love the way they sound. But I much prefer to drive the Holdens if I'm chasing as they feel much more sure footed. Other than that It's just a work car. And I don't have neons either, just in case you were wondering...