Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
hmm... interesting. thankyou.

I take it you're refering to V8's, as you state 'And I love the way they sound' !!
I would sort of have to agree... LS series V8's don't exactly have much in the sound department stock.

it interesting how you say Holdens feel more sure footed. In all the motoring mags, there always raving that Fords have superior handling. Wishbone being more technologically advanced and such.

I would have to agree with yourself...

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
In SA police have the power to conficate my car if have get caught doin burnouts, street racin etc.

Well APARNTLY my mate was repoterd to the police by his neihbor, and the police confiscated his car (the police didnt actuall see him). Is this possible??

Also, again APARNTLY another mate was pulled over for an rbt, and the police checked his tires etc and noticed rubber up the gaurds (what u get from burnouts), and the police once again called the tow truck. Is this also possible?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
adox said:
In SA police have the power to conficate my car if have get caught doin burnouts, street racin etc.

Well APARNTLY my mate was repoterd to the police by his neihbor, and the police confiscated his car (the police didnt actuall see him). Is this possible??

Also, again APARNTLY another mate was pulled over for an rbt, and the police checked his tires etc and noticed rubber up the gaurds (what u get from burnouts), and the police once again called the tow truck. Is this also possible?

I beleive they cant confiscate it for either of the above reasons, i will be speaking to a few people in SA today(few of our trucks were grounded over the xmas break there) i'll ask the question and see what response i get for you.

But its weird they confiscated on heresay basically

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i know in vic they can pull certain moves based on the word of someone else.
for example, i was driving the minibus full of school kids when a car pulled out in front of us (at 100kmh on the highway). minibus is in top condition but didnt pull up so well, lucky the oncoming lane was empty so i shot into that. the car sped up and i slipped in behind him, got his rego and rang the cops. they called about an hour later to tell me exactly who the guy was, and what company the vehicle was registered to.
it was up to me if i wanted to have him charged or not. not knowing alot about it i said no but please give him a mouthful of law, which the copper said he would enjoy.

so yeah, long story short, it seems certain things probably can be enforced due to a third party report.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I dont nkow much detail but i have heard in Qld if you are reported by the public the cops cant fine you or anyhting but if you get say 5 reports then they can fine you. Either way if someone reports you it goes on your record.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
vlv8vic said:
i know in vic they can pull certain moves based on the word of someone else.
for example, i was driving the minibus full of school kids when a car pulled out in front of us (at 100kmh on the highway). minibus is in top condition but didnt pull up so well, lucky the oncoming lane was empty so i shot into that. the car sped up and i slipped in behind him, got his rego and rang the cops. they called about an hour later to tell me exactly who the guy was, and what company the vehicle was registered to.
it was up to me if i wanted to have him charged or not. not knowing alot about it i said no but please give him a mouthful of law, which the copper said he would enjoy.

so yeah, long story short, it seems certain things probably can be enforced due to a third party report.

If you fight this in court, 99% of the time you will win, simply because there was no "respected persons present", something along those lines.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ahh yeah i imagine that would be right, i didnt care to get it to that point, give the guy a reminder he is to share the roads and let it be was my theory.

as infusion said, i dare say its the same here, it would be noted that they were reported and the force would certainly get up him if it were a common occurance (probably that other 1% you speak of)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yep, as it is in vic now, you can ring up and report "hoon" drivers, a case of 3 strikes and your investigated, for me honestly i think its stupid. Ive had times where ive sat behind an older driver doing 35/40 in a 60 zone, so when its safe i overtake then cop the whole flashing light waving arms fiasco for it. Its people like this who would report you for being a hoon when you simply overtook without passing the speed limit

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
agreed. see it all the time. in Warrnambool we have double lanes through most of the city, to make it easier to get in and out of 45 parking. sometimes people sit in both lanes, driving up the line! i sit on their back bumper and when they spot me, sh!t themselevs and pick a lane, i get the royal reaming as i pass them. id hate to think im getting reported for crap like that!

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Police can investigate any matter based on a formal complaint. Police however wouldn't normally take action unless they had a signed statement from the witness which means that they can subpoena them to court. In most cases it would be a case of having a chat and giving a caution or warning, depending on how serious the matter was.

In NSW police to can also confiscate your car for doing burnouts. However I've never heard of anyone doing it from a public complaint, reason being,if we see it, we know you did it. If we didn't see it it becomes you against him and we would just let it be fought out in court and have the magistrate determine what is the apporpriate punishment. Maybe if you had like an inch of rubber under your wheel arch then you'd probably just be happy you got away with it that many times before they caught up with you...