Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

9C1pack

Reaction score
Hello Dr Bob,
I need to replace the engine mounts on my VT (v6 Auto), on another thread you advised to;

"take the drivers side mount off the block,
replace the lh mount & fit the nuts to it loosely,
replace the rhs mount out of the car,
drop the mount into the kframe
bolt it back to the block, tighten everything up.
about an hour"
Does the aircon compressor need to to be removed to get at the passenger side top mount nuts?
I will be removing the power steering pump any way so it should make work a little easier on the drivers side.
your advice would be appreciated. thanks, Al

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Hey doctor bob, not sure if you know much about VE yet but are you able to point out/find out the position of the bluetooth module and where it plugs into.

Here is a pic.

about ^ here there is a plug that doesn't connect to anything. It has about 12 pins do we need an extension harness or is there no plug there at all?

Sorry for the quality of the pic. Any help would be much appreciated.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
Check the code`s, look at the How to section for problem code revised.
or maybe doc`s got a idea.

yer i checked the codes and came up with old ones lke the crak angle sensor and that and i also have figured out why the car wouldnt start whihc was the loom gogin to the dfi module which i have previously had problems with but i jsut blew it out and pluged it back in and it was working sweet as but the car still stalls and it still cuts out and kicks back in while going along any help would be great cheers

Bookanun

Reaction score
Hi doctor bob,

i have a VY Clubsport, and for some reason the automatic sensor works sometimes, then most of the time the lights stay on all the time, even in the middle of the day. i have tried to turn it back in the options in the dash to come on late. but they still stay on all the time, your ideas?

Thanks alot

Bookanun

Reaction score
sorry, i meant the automatic sensor for the driving lights

Thanks

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I would like to report a missing person... DOCTOR BOB if you have seen anyone fitting his description call 000 imediatly. lol

Last edited:

korny

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss crewman
hi, i have a vy ss crewman (auto) i think theres a prob with my gear box but dont no what it is when i take off it feels like it gets stuck in first gear and keeps reving until i take my foot off acelerator then it changes to 2nd gear after that its fine just the change between 2nd and first, i tried driving it through the gears to c what happend first felt fine clicked it to 2nd felt fine but then when i alccelerated it felt like it drops back to first again and revs hard, am i up for a new gear box maybe?

VE_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi Dr. Bob,
I've recently purchased an ex-lease 06 VE SV6 which; for all intents & purpose, looks & drives like a brand-new one, except for a few niggling electrical problems you may be able to assist me with?
1. The air-con sporadically turns itself off, requiring me to turn the fan speed control knob off, wait a minute, then turn it back on.
2. The fresh-air/recirc'-air control appears to let a small amount of external air in when in recirculation. This causes me problems when driving around Laverton (VIC) or in tunnels, as the air quality in those places can be "smelly" at times.
3. The charge light has illuminated a number of times, despite having excellent output from the alternator. I seem to have fixed this problem by wiggling all fuses & relays in the main fuse-box under the bonnet, but am curious as to why this would fix it.
4. This is my main problem though, so if you can only help me out once, this would be the one. My power mirrors have stopped working for no apparent reason. I cannot find a fuse/relay/module that controls them. I have completely stripped down the centre-console switch-block, no apparent circuit board damage & all contacts in good order (appeared to bell-out as I expected), reassembled with care & new lube, NO change. I've disconnected & reconnected almost every loom connector I can find, however remotely associated with the switch-block, but cannot find any fault or hint of one.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated & results reported.
Cheers

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hi Dr. Bob,
I've recently purchased an ex-lease 06 VE SV6 which; for all intents & purpose, looks & drives like a brand-new one, except for a few niggling electrical problems you may be able to assist me with?
1. The air-con sporadically turns itself off, requiring me to turn the fan speed control knob off, wait a minute, then turn it back on.
2. The fresh-air/recirc'-air control appears to let a small amount of external air in when in recirculation. This causes me problems when driving around Laverton (VIC) or in tunnels, as the air quality in those places can be "smelly" at times.
3. The charge light has illuminated a number of times, despite having excellent output from the alternator. I seem to have fixed this problem by wiggling all fuses & relays in the main fuse-box under the bonnet, but am curious as to why this would fix it.
4. This is my main problem though, so if you can only help me out once, this would be the one. My power mirrors have stopped working for no apparent reason. I cannot find a fuse/relay/module that controls them. I have completely stripped down the centre-console switch-block, no apparent circuit board damage & all contacts in good order (appeared to bell-out as I expected), reassembled with care & new lube, NO change. I've disconnected & reconnected almost every loom connector I can find, however remotely associated with the switch-block, but cannot find any fault or hint of one.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated & results reported.
Cheers

Your car is still under warranty. Personally, I would just take it to Holden and make them sort it out!

There should be no need to pull apart a near-new car yourself like that...

VE_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Can't help myself I suppose...

PHP:
Your car is still under warranty. Personally, I would just take it to Holden and make them sort it out!

There should be no need to pull apart a near-new car yourself like that...
Yeah, I know you're right Davey, but stupidly I bought the car from a dealer almost 2 hrs drive from me, and I guess to be honest, I really do want to know as much about my car as possible, so I'm not adverse to trying simple things myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.