Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi,
my VP headlight switch is playing up.
In normal position lights do not work.
However if I turn down on switch and hold to the right my lights work. If I release they turn off.
My questions are " is the switch easy to replace for a diy guy or should I use a mechanic?" Do you recommend I buy a new switch or buy from a wrecker.

Thanks for your help

simple to replace, get a new one if you can

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi there,
I've got a vp holden commadore and i'm having problems fixing my speedo.
Sometime's it works and other time's it doe'snt.
I was wandering if it would be the cog?
If you feel this may be the problem where abouts would i find the cog placed in the speedo?
As it's driving me mad:bang:

If you could help me that would be awsome
Regards

if its working sometimes its more than likely an electrical issue & not mechanical

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Bob,

Just wondering if i can get the competitive mode put on my car ? Is it just a software upgrade for the E2 hsv's ?

Cheers

not sure, can you explain "competitive mode"

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
VXII Calais, 6cyl, ABS Brake problem, any ideas?? please
Driving ok cold for 30min’s or so it’s ok, pressing pedal in medium weight (not heavy) pedal seems to shudder, as if your pads ar low there is no steering wheel shudder, now if you press a little heaver the feeling sometimes goes away but occasionally the feeling is worse like the wheels are shaking and fades away
The Trac/ ABS light does comes on (not all the time) and when this does all is great and feels normal like it should (brake wise), until I stop engine and then is start all over again
Work done - Replaced left & right wheel bearing (ABS compatible) + (code cleared, Replaced left & right rotor’s
Replaced pads, New shock’s all round, New spring’s/ coil’s all round, Brake bleed by Holden Dealership (code cleared)
Has been booked in next week, but if anyone could help that would be great
I am just about ready to spit and kick it

what is the code?
clearing it without fixing the problem is just wasting time

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey everyone! Especially said Holden Tech, I think it's awesome you're willing to come in here and answer questions for people.

Anyhow, I have a problem with my VT Berlina Station Wagon (98) model, 3.6. Basically, sometimes I'll get in it, and the car will start fine. At other times, it will try to kick over, then fail. However, when I lock and then unlock again using the central locking button on my remote, it starts fine. It's an annoyance, and I'd like to fix it, but if it's going to cost some huge amount of money and I'm not risking causing some greater problem, then I'd be fine with "just putting up with it". So, I guess my question is, could this simply be a wiring issue, and can it lead to greater problems? Is it something I could fix myself, or is Holden going to charge through the nose to repair it? :lock:

While I have you, it also seems to start chugging now and then as I'm driving. Nothing extreme, but I can hear it doing so. My husband thinks it's something to do with the sparkplugs, but is unsure which tools he needs to take them out. Are sparkplugs something I can buy and replace myself? Or are they something else I have to leave to Holden Techs?
the starting thing could either be the key or thr reader circuit
the misfire could be plugs, you can buy them & replace them yes but if you are unsure its probably best get someone to do it for you, im sure one of the members on here will be close to you & be able to help, where are you located?

Rob

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
car: vt executive v6 auto.

my car now revs to 6000rpm when full throttle. any idea why its doing that?

when it was stock itd change at 5500, got exhaust+headers then startd changing at 5700 now OTRCAI is one its changing at 5900-6000.

also whats the timing belts like on these cars? i dont think its ever been replaced and im thinkin of getn rockers, should i invest in a new timing belt(would rather not, costs an arm and a leg)?

zaidan69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu executive ute
how many ks do u rekon an ecotec should do before it needs a rebuild>

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
ok heres one for you I have a 05 vz commie that I have rebuilt, I have a problem with heater circuit malfunction on my 02 sensors I have changed the 02 Sensors on both sides 2 times each with genuine gm ones and cleared the codes only to have them return when you restart the engine, it is driving me crazy to have the powertrain alarm come on all the time. I have spent 800 dollars at Holden having it diagnostics just to get the reply hmmm maybe you need to change your wireing looms. ( All wiring is ok and working)

Status
Not open for further replies.