Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartars

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp.
I will not answer or reply to stupid complaints.
I will answer to the best of my ability anything sensible.

Rob

hi bob i hope you can help i have no power from ignition relay to the heater fan relay can you tell me what tells the solanoid to work it seems strange none of my fans work thermo not working eather but all work if i bridge them i have changed bcm to no avail got any ideas plz mate thanks nigel

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Doctor Bob. Tried PMing you but ur mailbox is full....... so

I got a 2006 VZ Executive. It doesn't have traction control. I've searched everywhere for answers and nobody is helping........ no holden, eagers, nobody.

I had a thought of replacing the ABS module in the engine bay with the SV6 one, would that give me traction control?....

I've heard the sensors are possibly different between the Exec and SV6.

Any help would be great.
Cheers
Jamie

spud42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
how hard is it to change the control module for the fans? i have a VX II Berlina. i know the aircon is ok cause cold air comes out at highway speeds. but the fans do not work. i found out that the fan does still work when reversinging into a car park on thursday cause the fan started for about 5 seconds then stopped again.... i have been told by an auto electrician that it is a common thing to fail. any idea where this module is and how hard it is to get to?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hi bob i hope you can help i have no power from ignition relay to the heater fan relay can you tell me what tells the solanoid to work it seems strange none of my fans work thermo not working eather but all work if i bridge them i have changed bcm to no avail got any ideas plz mate thanks nigel

sounds like you have a problem in the fusebox, take it to an autoelec

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Doctor Bob. Tried PMing you but ur mailbox is full....... so

I got a 2006 VZ Executive. It doesn't have traction control. I've searched everywhere for answers and nobody is helping........ no holden, eagers, nobody.

I had a thought of replacing the ABS module in the engine bay with the SV6 one, would that give me traction control?....

I've heard the sensors are possibly different between the Exec and SV6.

Any help would be great.
Cheers
Jamie

Hi Jamie, no it wont work that way, you need to change much more than the module

mjstumpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS manual ute series II
hi rob, im only new to this, daughters just got a VS series II ute ,trying to get it up to roadworthy but cant get reverse lights to work ,ran a wire from fuse to behind the switch they work. checked wire from fuse to switch no power! as the fuse also seems to run the computer i am worried about fiddling too much here,can i just run a seperate wire from another fuse to the switch?and if so which fuse should i use? any help would be much appreciated.oh its a manual

customvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.2 vt executive
hi rob ive got a vt v6 sedan and its missing under load. ive changed plugs,leads,coil pacs and modual and oxy sensors and still no change also every now and then when ideling in park the revs jump up to about 2000 rpm and drop streight back down to just under 1000. any advice will be great as im now lost on what to do and its costing to much running my 2nd car to work everyday

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Dr Bob.

Can you explain what? My dad has a 05 VZ Exec with a 914 Police Pack which has traction control. Surely it cant be much? I noticed his ABS module has the markings 479 L2 201104 085 and mines a 479 L4 230306 085.

if that means anything.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hi rob, im only new to this, daughters just got a VS series II ute ,trying to get it up to roadworthy but cant get reverse lights to work ,ran a wire from fuse to behind the switch they work. checked wire from fuse to switch no power! as the fuse also seems to run the computer i am worried about fiddling too much here,can i just run a seperate wire from another fuse to the switch?and if so which fuse should i use? any help would be much appreciated.oh its a manual

trace it back to the fault, fiddling wont cause any issues if you are careful

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hi rob ive got a vt v6 sedan and its missing under load. ive changed plugs,leads,coil pacs and modual and oxy sensors and still no change also every now and then when ideling in park the revs jump up to about 2000 rpm and drop streight back down to just under 1000. any advice will be great as im now lost on what to do and its costing to much running my 2nd car to work everyday

hard to say without seeing it, maybe take it to a professional for advice & diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.