Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Dr Bob.

Can you explain what? My dad has a 05 VZ Exec with a 914 Police Pack which has traction control. Surely it cant be much? I noticed his ABS module has the markings 479 L2 201104 085 and mines a 479 L4 230306 085.

if that means anything.

the brake line harness is different, the wiring is different, its a massive job for something thats no real advantage

Dannys666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS Commodore
cruise control & traction Control

hey there i own a VXII ss and the cruise control and traction both dont work. i have taken it to a tech and they said that the brake circut is always on. how can i fix this? can you help please??

VS VS VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS 3.8 AUTO
Vs auto transmission fault

Hi
I have a 95 VS and I recently had a fault with the 2-3 shift solenoid(code 81). The symptoms were- engine light- and appeared to be taking off in 2nd gear. I replaced the solenoid and changed the filter and fluid at the same time. The fault indication has gone but I still don't have first or 4th. I have tested the solenoid resistance and they all appear fine(checked at the PCM). I don't have a tacho either but that fault was present about 2 months ago so I don't think that that fault is associated with the shift problem. Shift from second to third is smooth as is the down shift.....
Thanks for your help........

VS VS VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS 3.8 AUTO
Vs auto transmission fault

Hi
I have a 95 VS and I have had a recent problem with the transmission. I got an engine warning light and code 81. The other fault was that the car appeared to take off in second gear. I changed the 2-3 shift solenoid and changed the filter and fluid.
The fault light has gone but I still don't have 1st or 4th gear. the shift change from 2 to 3 if sooth as is the downshift. If I manually select 1st. the car still takes off in 2nd. I have tested the resistance at the PCM and the resistances seem OK apart from the Fluid temp which should be about 3? but showed 48 Ohms. The tacho stopped working a couple of months ago if you have any thoughts on that as well.
Thanks for you help

SSbrother

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ss Thunder 06
Hey mate

I got a 06 Thunder ss ute and its not too old very low ks
the cd players been workin fine but now it says CD ERROR !!!

i put in another cd and it keeps saying the same thing .

I cant listen to ACDC anymore! do you have any clue as to wats the problem?

btw : i tried old and new cds still the same answer CD ERROR !

cheers

cjazzavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hi doc i have a vy ss and was woundering if you can bypass the standard imobiliser thanks

arson14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII S Pac
VY clutch issues

Hi
I have just bought a VY SII S pac, man, and 3 days after getting it the clutch has started making a strange shuddering/ squeaking noise when i try and select gears. When i first put the clutch in it makes a slight shuddering noise, nothing major in comparison but when i go to lift off the clutch and press down on the accelerator there is a really loud squeaking noise. It doesnt matter if its 1'st or reverse. It only does this when I first start it up in the morning, and after a while it goes away. Have talked to a mechanic and he quoted me about $1700 for a new clutch, which is well out of my budget as i only just got the car, any suggestions? or anywhere i can get a new clutch kit (whole kit, supposedly they have a special clutch and flywheel setup) from would be great.
P.S it is pretty cold in the mornings would that have anything to do with it???

Statesmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
Gday Dr Bob, 93 pages of help and still going...:thumbsup:
If you would be kind enough to send some wisdom my way,
it would be much appreciated.
I must replace the BCM ( High 312 ) in my WH11 LS1 Statesman.
I have found a Calais BCM (Lux 314). Can I use this as a replacement?;
or, is a "High 312" my only option?
Thanks for your time and altruistic attitude to these forums ;)
cheers,
Craig.

bmarriott.live

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore V6 Sedan
hi dr bob
i'm looking for which pillar the wiring loom for the interior light comes down in a series 1 VX ex.

i'm looking to connect some lights in my foot wells to the loom so it will turn on when i open the doors.

where is the best place to connect too.

Status
Not open for further replies.