Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hey bob,
just a simple one.. will a vy-vz ss exhaust system(cat back) fit on my vz sv6?
& will i notice any difference at all besides the twin tips?

no the engine pipes are different

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Dr Bob
I need help on something and Im hoping you may be able to point me in the right direction.
I have a VN V8 commodore which just stopped on me on the way home. I was thinking the coil may have been the problem so I tested 6 others on the car nup not the problem . Im getting power to the coil but no spark coming out of it . Someone has suggested ignition module is there any way we can test if my ignition module is dicky as i dont really have the funds to get a newey and it not be the problem IYKWIM . Any help and suggestions are most appreciated .

you can try wobbling the connectors on the trigger module, sometimes it is a bad terminal

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi, I put a VY2 SS Cluster into my VY2 Acclaim, the fuel gauge is buggered though. When the tank is full the needle sits on 3/4 full, and it goes down to red really fast. when i have about half a tank it reads dead empty. Ive taken it to holden and they say its all configured properly, they put some software update on it but its still the same.

Does this sound like the cluster is stuffed, any ideas on possible fixes?

does it work ok with the original cluster back in?

danza85

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
crank torque

hi anyone know the torque settings for a 202 crank?

sassyone1986

sassyone1986
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl executive turbo
hi there ppl im new at this and im wondering if any1 can help me.... my vl commodore wont start i just got a turbo installed in it and it was working fine but just last night i was driving and the reds came on while i was going 60km's i tried to clutch it at 50km's but it didnt work, i ended up coming to a complete stop and tried to start it again but it wouldnt and i cant hear my fuel pump making the sound it always make.... wat might be my problem, i have changed the fuel pump and looked at and changed the rely and fuses....please help
wen i go to start the car the reds come on and they're strong and it will crank but wont start..... i've check the battery terminals but nothing wrong there i really thing its my fuel or something along those lines.... wen i got the turbo put in i didnt change the fuel pump to suit the turbo so it was spitting out the same fuel as if it was still n/a
plus i cant haer my fuel pump anymore pushing fuel through

ex hoodlum

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
vs v6 problem need help, running like a pig !

vs v6 running like a pig changed iac, crank angle sensor,dfi module ,coil pack,fuel filter,seems like fuel pump working checked fault codes dont know what else to do,can anyone help?

arson14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII S Pac
exhaust VY S

Alright now that the clutch is ticked off i want to know what would be the best way to get an exhaust note from the S pac. It has the stainless steel tip but it doesnt make any noise unless i push it to 4000rpm. Was conciddering removing a muffler or extractors??? would like a bit of a deep burlble but dont want a drone!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
vs v6 running like a pig changed iac, crank angle sensor,dfi module ,coil pack,fuel filter,seems like fuel pump working checked fault codes dont know what else to do,can anyone help?

Have you changed the leads/plugs?

grant1212

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp/vr v6
holden snot

hi, i have vp s2 v6 which has had a heart transplant from a vr which wont fire. it has a new crank angle sensor, new fuel pump, it also has good spark, but seems like no fuel getting into cylinders. noted spark plugs were dry when checking for spark. can anyone shed some light.

cheers

grant

Status
Not open for further replies.