Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statesmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
hi anyone know the torque settings for a 202 crank?
Hey Danza85;
Figures below are from Auto tech service manual, hope they help. I know there's more than just the main bearing settings, and we all know the firing order better than we can recite pi, :whistling, but well informed is well equipped, so hear you go.

Holden 1971 -74 QM 202ci, QL 3.3 Litre
Auto & Manual
Spark Plug Gap (mm): 0.9
Firing Order: 1-5-3-6-2-4
Timing (deg): 5@ 500 rpm
Points/Pick-up Gap (mm) 0.40-0.50
Dwell Angle (deg): 30-35
Coil Resistance (Pri): 1.45-1.55
Idle Speed (rpm) Man: 500, Auto 500 in Drive
Compression (kPa): 895 - 1175
Fuel Pressure (kPa): 21-28 @ 3600 rpm
Cylinder Head Tension: 40, 80, 100 Nm
Main Bearing Torque(Nm): 80 -95
Conrod Torque (Nm) 28-35

cheers :thumbsup:

And to Dr. Bob, apologies, I should have started my statement with "If I must change my BCM, 'cause the mechanic (incorrectly) said that may be the issue/ problem..."
I have since found out the cause of MIL light was not the BCM, but I am considering finding a spare, so thank you for the information given.

timbenson89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I will not answer or reply to stupid complaints.
I will answer to the best of my ability anything sensible.

Rob

hey bob

i have a vr berlina . . just dropped the vs ecotec motor with a t5
motor cranks , fuel has pressure , spark etc i have the original vr car loom still in cos i was told it should work but after looking on here im not so sure . . .:( ive had to extend the main wires 4 the motor so they reach the vr plugs and theres one pink wire wat isnt being used .. . do u no wat i shuld hook the pink wire into .. . or if u hav any other ideas it wuld be a great help mate . . ..
THanks Tim

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
Hi Dr Bob,

I have a VS with electric windows, is there any adjustment for when the motor should stop? As my drivers door window seems like it is over driving when the window goes up as the door trim will expand out it if keep holding the up button as it will keep trying to drive the window up.

All other windows are OK, not sure how long it has done this as I only recently purchased and was doing this then

Thanks
Chris

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I have and it behaves itself, but the original cluster has a stuffed lcd. I was thinking maybe this ss cluster is from a ute?

yes probably, it needs to have the fuel guage cal changed to a sedan one

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hey bob

i have a vr berlina . . just dropped the vs ecotec motor with a t5
motor cranks , fuel has pressure , spark etc i have the original vr car loom still in cos i was told it should work but after looking on here im not so sure . . .:( ive had to extend the main wires 4 the motor so they reach the vr plugs and theres one pink wire wat isnt being used .. . do u no wat i shuld hook the pink wire into .. . or if u hav any other ideas it wuld be a great help mate . . ..
THanks Tim

pink would be an ignition, get the VR & VS diagrams & compare them

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Annoting body noise click

Doctor Bob,

Mate I was wondering if you could help me work out a noise in my VE Commodore, its a 60th Anniversary Commodore V6 Alloytec auto MY09.

The car has a intermitent click or a sound like a nut hitting metal coming from the vicinity of the Drivers side rear pasenger door. I thought it was the door lock so I tightened the torx screws but that wasn't it.

I've taken the car to the dealer but they say they can't hear the noise.

My missus doesn't drive so I can't get in the back seat to pinpoint the noise.

The closest sound I know that would explain the sound is if you flicked the your finger nail on to a piece of wood (not too hard), its a very annoying sound and seems to occurr at no particular time when driving and probably occurrs about 3 or 4 times in about one kilometre.

I'm at the stage where I hate driving the car and infact I've only done 15,500k's since buying the car new in may of 2008.

I'm very tempted to pull the lining off the door to see if I can find if anything is loose.

I'm not imagining this noise because I drove a SV6 VE wich had exactly the same noise.

Any suggestions or help would be extremely appreciated.

Kind regards
Holdfast

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
Dr Bob,
I have a VX series 1 Berlina sedan which is fitted with Climate Control. Over recent months, there has been a sound which resembles a leaf in a heater fan... Now today, there was a strange smell coming from the A/C vent. I stopped the car and when I started the car again, the Climate Control A/c fan only appears to be blowing extremely faintly. The controls screen allows the fan speed to be changed but it has no effect on the rate cold air is expelled. Where should I start looking. Thanking you in anticipation.....

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Doctor Bob,

Mate I was wondering if you could help me work out a noise in my VE Commodore, its a 60th Anniversary Commodore V6 Alloytec auto MY09.

The car has a intermitent click or a sound like a nut hitting metal coming from the vicinity of the Drivers side rear pasenger door. I thought it was the door lock so I tightened the torx screws but that wasn't it.

I've taken the car to the dealer but they say they can't hear the noise.

My missus doesn't drive so I can't get in the back seat to pinpoint the noise.

The closest sound I know that would explain the sound is if you flicked the your finger nail on to a piece of wood (not too hard), its a very annoying sound and seems to occurr at no particular time when driving and probably occurrs about 3 or 4 times in about one kilometre.

I'm at the stage where I hate driving the car and infact I've only done 15,500k's since buying the car new in may of 2008.

I'm very tempted to pull the lining off the door to see if I can find if anything is loose.

I'm not imagining this noise because I drove a SV6 VE wich had exactly the same noise.

Any suggestions or help would be extremely appreciated.

Kind regards
Holdfast

I recall you writing elsewhere that you had located and solved the noise. So that wasn't it hey?

Good luck with it, I feel for ya :thumbsup:

Timsgmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wags
What brand of oil filter,air filter and fuel filter would you recommend for a vp v6?Thanks for all the great advice you give everyone as well.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
I recall you writing elsewhere that you had located and solved the noise. So that wasn't it hey?

Good luck with it, I feel for ya :thumbsup:

Yeah, started a thread but I was wrong :bang: but a few members got to fix noises from loose door / striker plates.

Actually, you may have hit the nail on the head, I might buy that new latch if I don't hear from Bob.

Fixed:bow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.