Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

holden_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 commodore
slippage on the auto trans

Hey doctor bob.

I have a 93 VR V6 Auto Berlina i have been doing some work to it, e.g: cold air induction, 2.5" exhaust, 70mm throttle body, memcal upgrade and msd ignition coils. But since i put the throttle body on it seems to feel strange changing from 1-2 and 2-3. it sort of takes a while to do it. but if i floor it, it changes perfectly and if i drive really slow the same thing but when i give it normal acc it goes all crazy on me. would it be a computer problem? or are the bands stuffed? is there anyway to adjust the bands on the TH700?

cheers m8

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
I am after a holden mechanic to do some work on my v6 ecotec"s eg; hi ratio rockers throttle body, chip change and service , can anyone help me on the northside "Keperra Area" ph 0438774471 peter

torque performance brendale.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Hey doctor bob.

I have a 93 VR V6 Auto Berlina i have been doing some work to it, e.g: cold air induction, 2.5" exhaust, 70mm throttle body, memcal upgrade and msd ignition coils. But since i put the throttle body on it seems to feel strange changing from 1-2 and 2-3. it sort of takes a while to do it. but if i floor it, it changes perfectly and if i drive really slow the same thing but when i give it normal acc it goes all crazy on me. would it be a computer problem? or are the bands stuffed? is there anyway to adjust the bands on the TH700?

cheers m8

throttlebody is messing up the shifts either need a tune to suit or remove the throttlebody

michaelw84

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs commodore spack ute
Vs Engine light and wont rev when accelerator pushed flat to the floor

hey guys,
driving home last night the engine light come on and i felt the car become sluggish, i then put the clutch in (while still rolling) and the accelerator was flat top the floor and nothing for about 1 second and then the revs slowly come up to where they were meant to be. this orrured until the time i turned the car off and tried starting again and everything was back to normal and the engine light was off.

cheers
mick

holden_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 commodore
throttlebody is messing up the shifts either need a tune to suit or remove the throttlebody

thanx man so do i just need to get a dyno tune done on it do you think? and would there be any other problem do you think or would that be it?

cheers
Bozza

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
NO i meant the type of unleaded

i found a thread here or another forum, something about 91 and 98 type of fuel

either for long drives or city drives and what's best for the engine
Put the best that you can afford in. 98 has the benefits of *insert marketing hype here* but 91 wont do any harm.

vxman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 executive S1
power windows

hi doctor bob.
i just installed power windows in my vx executive. i got the wiring looms for it. they were already under the centre console and to the door. but not in the door
so i got them. put all the fuses and relays in. put the power windows in place. and the drivers window wont go down. it is all the way up and you can hear it trying to keep going up but no noise at all going down. all other windows work fine. any suggestions??

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hi doctor bob.
i just installed power windows in my vx executive. i got the wiring looms for it. they were already under the centre console and to the door. but not in the door
so i got them. put all the fuses and relays in. put the power windows in place. and the drivers window wont go down. it is all the way up and you can hear it trying to keep going up but no noise at all going down. all other windows work fine. any suggestions??

you probably need to change the BCM to one that has window control as the BCM controls the drivers window down circuit

vxman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 executive S1
thanks for the answer. where is the bcm located if u wouldnt mind me asking

86vkcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
86vk commodore
hay doctor bob i have a vk commodore black motor carby 202 ive put a new coil in it rotor button dizzy cap plugs and leads ive got power at the coil but still no spark at the plugs and checked all the cut offs were working

Status
Not open for further replies.