Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Mac Techie

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Got a Question

We handle alot of IT disposal from various government and private sectors. We have acquired some mac (which we do not have alot of experience dealing with)

What i want to know is how much do you think they are worth. We have one 2 two models

Imac 20" (silver aluminium) C2D 2.0/1/250 Mac OSX 10.6
Macbook 13" C2D 2.13/1/120 Mac OSX 106

Some of the Macbook 13" are 2.4/2/160 how much more do you reckon they are worth?

This are all 100% refurbished and reloaded with OSX 10.6 like factory

How much do you reckon there worth?

Hey Mate.

Sorry for the delay, Been busy as hell coming up to christmas.

So
Imac 20" (silver aluminium) C2D 2.0/1/250 Mac OSX 10.6 - These would go for prolly around the 700-800 Mark, as a new iMac is $1449. Does this iMac have warranty still?

Macbook 13" C2D 2.13/1/120 Mac OSX 106 - About the 500-600$. If it has a cracked top case you can get that replaced for free as its a quality program

The Apple Refurbs come with warranty so if they have warranty you can general get a little more. If you have the serial numbers i can check it out for you.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Macbook 13" C2D 2.13/1/120 Mac OSX 106 - About the 500-600$. If it has a cracked top case you can get that replaced for free as its a quality program

Quality program?

So if i break my mac itll be fixed for free?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
How do I convert from a Mac to a PC?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
How do I convert from a Mac to a PC?

Ok, Drag all your music, photos, documents etc onto a external hard drive, then drag everything onto your PC and place into the correct folders. about the only thing you will not be able todo is Mail if you have it set up.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Hey Mate.

Sorry for the delay, Been busy as hell coming up to christmas.

So
Imac 20" (silver aluminium) C2D 2.0/1/250 Mac OSX 10.6 - These would go for prolly around the 700-800 Mark, as a new iMac is $1449. Does this iMac have warranty still?

The Apple Refurbs come with warranty so if they have warranty you can general get a little more. If you have the serial numbers i can check it out for you.

Good to know

Were chasing around 789 for the Imacs and 600ish for the Macbooks. No Warranty but we will warrant them ourselves.
I suppose if anyone wants one let me know.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Guys.

For Any of those looking at iPads, The New One Should be out very shortly So i would sit on it and wait for the second version.

Also I am able to repair iPhone 4 Glass Digitisers (Glass) now, Its not a job you wanna try. If you have a broken iPhone PM me & I can help you out.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
As for the Dead Pixels, You will Find EVERY SINGLE maker of LCDs have the same rule when it comes to dead pixels and depends how big the screen is to how many must have failed, what color they are also. I Think apple have a much lower allowance then others when it comes to how many must have failed.

Sorry for post digging... Its ok! You thought wrong. Apples 'acceptable' dead pixel on a 22" screen, is 15. Viewsonic is 7, and Samsung have a 0 Dead Pixel tollerance on all screens. LG have a 5, but if there is two between 10CM of each other, they will replace it.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Example Apples Guides Here.
iMac 24" LCD
Acceptable Number of Subpixel Anomalies
Bright up to 8
Dark up to 10
Both up to 15

MacBook 13"
Acceptable Number of Subpixel Anomalies
Bright up to 3
Dark up to 5
Both up to 7

With the Latter machines such as the 27" iMacs etc, We are now required to contact our Apple technical support team direct on the matter for them to investigate if the screen needs replacement or not depending on how many pixels there are. Its no longer a set rule or a chart to go by.
Dont try and tell me what is Apple's "acceptable" rule is on there "22" Screen that was Discontinued January 2003

Every manufacture has some kind of rules, weather its None or 15.
Good that Samsung have a 0 Tolerance on the matter. Never had a bad samsung screen yet.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
hey mate, got an 15" Powerbook that has served me well for a long while, but i think its had its day, turn it on and the cd drive makes its sound along with the mac startup sound, but then nothing happens, there is a slight buzing (whether thats the fan or hardrive turning, not sure)

ive already gone n bought a new 15" macbook pro, but all i want to know is, is the old one dead? or will i still be able to get all my work/photos off it somehow? even if it means destroying the computer itself, not too fussed, just want all my stuff from it...