Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Mac Techie

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
iPad 2 Update.
To everyone itching for a iPad 2, Due to world wide demand retail stock ETA is currently Mid June, Apple are keeping stock to themselves.
You can order online at the Apple Store and Ship ETA is 1-2 Weeks.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey All.
OSX Lion 10.7 Is arriving in July Next Month.
It Will only be available through the App Store, Apple are not releasing a DVD upgrade, Download only.
To upgrade you must meet the following requirements.
Your Mac must have an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon processor to run Lion & Make sure you have the latest version of Snow Leopard.
Any Questions just ask :)

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Not at all happy about them only distributing it through the App Store...while I could understand them doing it with iLife, iWork and other software, something like an operating system is far too important to be distributed via such a method...with the developer releases there are currently ways to burn a bootable DVD, I just hope that there will still be a way with the final version...going to be very annoyed if they won't let me build a bootable DVD or USB drive.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yeah It will be the same way to burn as far as i know, it will be a pain otherwise when i need to repair peoples machines. At work i have Tiger PPC, Tiger Intel, Leopard & snow leopard all on one drive for installers. Makes life very easy. Will have to wait and see.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i have a iphone 32gs which is jail broken, it works fine should i upgrade the firmware to 4.xx? and i know i'll lose the jailbreak ?

what do i gain with that ?

the phone works great i bought it from the US without any carrier lock

the way it was meant to be :)

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Hi there. I have an iMac27 and I was updating a few things the other night and mid install the power was cut to the house for a few minutes obviously causing the Mac to turn off....

Now when I go to start it up all I get its the white screen with the grey apple sign and the spinning gear.

It usually starts this way but only is it like this for a few moments is the load screen visible.

I left it last Friday night on the loading screen and went to the club praying it had sorted itself out but 4 hours later it was still doing the same thing.

I have Windows 7 pertishioned on half of my mac and I can actually boot this OS when I select and hold the option key but still nothing when I select OS-X.

I have tried to boot it with the install CD in and holding c, I have also tried the PRAM start but get nothing.

Any idea what I do from here..

Please help :)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi there. I have an iMac27 and I was updating a few things the other night and mid install the power was cut to the house for a few minutes obviously causing the Mac to turn off....

Now when I go to start it up all I get its the white screen with the grey apple sign and the spinning gear.

It usually starts this way but only is it like this for a few moments is the load screen visible.

I left it last Friday night on the loading screen and went to the club praying it had sorted itself out but 4 hours later it was still doing the same thing.

I have Windows 7 pertishioned on half of my mac and I can actually boot this OS when I select and hold the option key but still nothing when I select OS-X.

I have tried to boot it with the install CD in and holding c, I have also tried the PRAM start but get nothing.

Any idea what I do from here..

Please help :)

Hi Mate.

Its pretty common issue that, Installing updates then the power going out. The system becomes corrupt because it failed to install.
So, Do the same thing by booting off the installer DVD. Once its booted off the disc, and clicked English to the main menu, you will see on the top menu bar a drop down menu that says utilities, Click and in the menu bar you will see disk utility. Open disc utility, you should then see this.

Screen shot 2011-08-25 at 6.28.32 PM.png

Click your hard drive same as this pic. Now click repair permissions. After that has completed, click repair Disk also and wait till its complete.
Now reboot the imac and try again.
Failing this, You will need to reinstall OSX. Again, boot off the DVD, Then follow the setup wizard. Note this will just reinstall OSX. your data should be fine.