Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Speedometer repair guy..........

monaro308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT v6s1
Hi Tom,this may be a silly question but i was curious to know if a VN/P 3 wire VSS can be wired directly to an VN/P speedo head to utilise the x5 divider signal to the ECU.
(I've done a delco 808 conversion which needs a 2 pulse hall effect)
I'm currently in a sh1t fight with a WA company with an inline VSS i purchased off them which worked for only 1 run and so far its taken 2 months of back and forth emails(2 weeks to reply to my emails each time)
Sooooo at the rear of speedo head is a 5 pin ribbon connector starting @ pin 1
Can it be done or do i still persist and wait before i blow my top and name the company
cheers...Mario

stato21

Reaction score
Members Ride
5ltr VS Statesman S2
Well!! ;)

If you have any problems, just ask.

Speedo, Fuel, Temp, Oil, Tacho, cables, speed correction, etc.....

PM me for a quick response.

Cheers
Tom
Hey Tom, any ideas on a flicking tacho needle, 5ltr vs stato, any help appreciated.

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
i have swapted my loom from my vn s1 auto v6 to a vr s2 statesman v6 loom and bcm
but i have no speed reading on the cluster ,i have changed the speed panel from the back of the clluster and also moded the cluster to the vr/vs model,but i have also changed ther speed sender unit from the trans and still no speed reading,,

i also have to tap the top of the dash for the petrol needle to show whats in the tank sometimes..

tara1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII S-Pack commodore
Hi Tom,
I've got a VX and my tach has stopped working. I've tried to take the needle off and put it back on again, but that didn't work. Holden wont sell the needles individually, and I don't know if it's the needle that's faulty or the tacho itself? Are you able to tell me of someone in Sydney who can fix it for me, or a good place I can send it to? Any help much appreciated :thumbsup:

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
G'day tom, hope you can help...

If you're familiar with the jaycar speedo corrector kit, you'll know that it hooks into the speed sender wire that goes to the cluster. I was hoping you'd happen to know if this wire sends pulses of voltage or is it just continuity? If either of these, how would one go about emulating this pulse that goes to the speedo? Feel free to reply via pm if you want.

Cheers

zenna8

Mz^Vx
Reaction score
Members Ride
hi there, i got lpg installed in my vx berlina, but my distance to empty etc is all wrong. i tried playing around with the calibrations, the original calibration setting for petrol is 100.. i put it down, and up, but cant get the right reading for gas. my lpg does 450 ks per full tank and it says 780. also i got 18" rims. is the k's wrong?
thank u

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
Thanks for this thread Tom!

Quick question. Torana LH/LX SLR instrument cluster.

I've had mine modified, i.e the regulator removed & replaced with a diode setup. What do you charge for this service?
Are the stock regulators the same between the standard cluster & the SLR cluster?
Cheers, Col.

hsvplus6

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv plus 6
g'day tom,
ive got a vk digital speedo that i want to test but dont have a "working" vk to test it in atm is there any way of hooking it up without using a car so that i can check the kms and condition of it?

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
i got a V6 level 3 in my V8 vr and the tacho is out bad.I have pics on my computer of what resistors to change but cant make out the colours.Do you no what resistor to use???
Also how do you wind the clock back on this so i can make it the same as my old one.

cheers

downsyboy

Reaction score
can you tell me how to fix my speedo. It was working until I washed under the bonnet and underneath the car. Is it a cable or is it an electronic sensor.
Commodore VN 1988.

Many Thanks