Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Speedometer repair guy..........

sleeper5L

No substitute for CUBES
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BT1
Hi,
Can you help...
My speedo is constantly reading higher that the legal speed limit. Do you know of any medication to fix this problem. Otherwise I'm just going to have to sell the V8 and buy a barina...
Hehe!

B

bommodore

tacho

i have a tacho out of a vb sl/e v8 is there an easy was to recalibrate it for a straight 6 or do i have to send it away

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Hey tom

My VL's fuel and temp gauges move up VERY slow on start and sometimes get stuck on the way up and require a tap on the front to get moving again.. any suggestions?

Thanks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have got my temp and fuel gauges faces out of my L3 cluster because they stick and I can see their workings. They are quite easy to take apart.You say in some previous posts about dampening fluid....to fix this problem ...can I buy it or is there some common liquid that I can use that is just as good ? I assume it is used sparingly on the pivots

statey27

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VQ Statesman 5.0L
where can I tap into the speed signal wire. Also what colour is it?

W

whykickamoocow_85

i have a vn and sometimes the speedo works normal and other times not at all and other times it just jumps up and down crazily. whats wrong with it and whats the cheapest and easiest way to fix it?

vnbelina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
can u buy the spedo sensor cog that goes in the gearbox and hom much is one worth new and second hand

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Hey Mr Speedo Tom, My VP speedo is out about 5-6km/h at all speeds (displays slower than it is) just wondering how that could have happened I'm sure it wasn't allways like that but has been since I've owned it

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
speedotom said:
Easy!!! I can do both anologue and digital.
Tom
well its analogue, and i have managed to do so, but it was to get original kms anyway...just the non-original is in better knick, i believe (couldve been like that already) i got the tens digit stuck at a mid point, one knotch under wat its suppose to be, how is this fixable?

YellowVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its to embarrasing!
Okay, this is not a commodore, but it has been pissing me off because wen we had the problems, my mum was still having to pay for auto leckies to fix nothing

she has an old skool nissan pintara (just before the first ugly ass skyline) as a run around the speedo does not work at all, but every now and then at just random speeds, it will kick in, accurately (current speedo is revs lol) only for a while, then drop back off to zero.

I cant see why the auto leckies havnt been able to fix it, first thing you would check is the cable, and apparently they had removed the entire dash
(note, I am yet to check the cable, will drive it to work tomoro, but would rather fix it at home if its something to do with the dash)

also, In my torana, the speedo was WAY out, then as I was driving, the square rod part that goes into the dash guage, fell onto my foot
Can you repair the cables cheaply or would I have to find a new one,
anything LC - torana, is a pain in the ass to find !!

Oh, and while im at it, the 308 is in the vh, with a shitty old 3.08 geared borgwarner diff, auto trans with 2500 stall, i think i may have left the speedo drive gear from the torana in it, as instead of reading 10k slower than what im doing, (15"rims with std 202)
it reads about 20ks faster,
is there a new gear available on hand?