Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Asking for assistance to purchase parts.....

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I will try and get some detailed pics for you.
But otherwise.
1) The catch is a HSV part, pic required for sure, totally different to Holden set up.
2) Latch and actuator is HSV as well, pic required.
3) Unknown by me, as I've never had my tail gate apart. It is totally different to Holden.
4) Holden/HSV hinges are the same, I'm unsure if the hinge locations on the hard lid and bulkhead are in the same position due to the Maloo hard lid is a lot narrower than a Holden hard lid because of the different sail plane.
5) Pretty sure the lid hinge part is the same, but will have to confirm it, but see point 4.
6) The DRL mounting brackets are fabbed from light gauge sheet metal, mounted above and below the DRL's, then screwed to molded mount points on the front bar. Should be an easy DIY fix.

Pics to follow...

Good stuff, perfect member for this request with 3x differing utes!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I created and uploaded a few pics on Imgur, then clicked on Share to Community. Not sure what to do next for you guys to view...

Willie

1. Copy the image URL from Imgur (if using chrome, right click on the pic and click "Copy Image Address")
2. Click on the picture icon at the top of the new post box (next to the smiley face)
3. Past the URL into the box that appears

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Very much appreciated.
Trying to figure out Imgur at the moment....

Willie

Not sure if its a limitation on new members, but if you can resize you images smaller, this forum can host images.

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
I know a method I've used for years that dramatically reduces image size. Let me try this first and upload here.....
Hardlid Catch.jpg

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
Bingo!
This is the latch and bracket I need... I also need the Maloo inner liner as my tailgate is bare, not as shown...
VE Maloo Hardlid Actuator.jpg

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
This is a pic of both my current lid hinge with the only pic I have of a Maloo hinge. Do I need any more parts here?
Hardlid Hinge Comparison.jpg

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
And lastly, this is a pic of the hinge bracket on my Maloo lid:
VE Maloo Hardlid Hinge (Hardlid Side).jpg

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
Thanks for the link. I'll call next week. I'm assuming they are closed on weekends...

For now, I'll need the lid catch (looks like two separate parts) and latch (actuator on the tailgate). I did find another pic online. It looks like there's a metal bracket that holds the latch??
0a 2.jpg

Do not know yet if I need additional parts for the hinge. The DRL brackets sound like I can fab.

Can anyone tell me by looking at the pics I posted if I need for parts for the hinge? I assume the half on the lid is fine as is. The other half bolted to the tub, I'm not sure.

Also, is the lid catch (actuator) located in the tailgate the same part number as a Commodore 4-dr sedan's boot actuator? If they are the same part, I can get one here because the 4-dr sedan = Pontiac G8. If they are different parts, I cannot get one here.

Thanks again!
Willie

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It is best to use an image hosting site like Imgur.

Then using the URL for the image, click on the picture icon at the top of each post box and paste the URL there and should be good to go.
Mark the image as "Hidden" and it will only be seen where intended.