Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Astra (Opal Motor) Need help for ID of hose

doolcookies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Ser. 2 Wagon. Stock.
My friend has a little holden Astra hatch with a Opal motor. It has a funny water pipe that come up from the heater tap, to a T but looks like a Y section. It continues to the head. then at the section it goes to the main air intake.
We have been to Super C@ap (SuperCheap) and Doggie-Barn (Autobarn) and even bursons and Ripco (Repco). But no one has been able to give us any ideas. We seen holden with the car and they had no idea. This pipe is currently held together by the handy mans secret weapon (Duck-Tape). But we really need to know of a replace part name or ideas. Yes we could ring Opal, but again, that's an hour drive away from here.

Any help would be Great!!

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
It has a funny water pipe that come up from the heater tap, to a T but looks like a Y section. It continues to the head. then at the section it goes to the main air intake.

any pic's of this water pipe?
(or even a link to google image of an Astra engine bay)

what year model?
what model/engine size?

being that it's a Holden Astra, not an Opel Astra (as in release in Aust last year and sold through separate dealership), have you been to a Holden dealer or is that also an hours drive away

(i have an Astra TS 1.8L and my parents have an AH 2.2L, so i'm happy to poke my head under these bonnets to help you out! NB: TS = 1995-2005, AH = 2004-2009)