Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(At the GYM) Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
This thread is basically a Gym realted version of the other thread named similar.

Come in hear and vent about something at gym that has p***ed you off/bugged you/annoyed you.

To get it started.

Was at gym last night doing my usual thing, when i overhear these two blokes chatting. (seen these two douches at gym before)

Conversation follows something like this.

Bloke 1: Brah, we totally just need to build on our strength, lets just grab a massive weight and lift 6 reps.

Bloke 2: F*** yeah bro, lets get massive.

Bloke 1: Dude, dont know what my limit is now, oh well dont matter.

I then turned to watch bloke 1, he picked up 30kg dumbells walked over to an upright bench and proceeded to pull off the worst set of 6 dumbell shoulder presses i have ever seen.

1. He swung the weights up in a bicep curl manner in the air, then sat down quickly so they stayed where they were, meaning he ended up under them.
2. The weight was so heavy his freind feebly attempted to hold them whilst he got set up. meaning the weight were swaying everywhere
3. Again becasue the weight was too heavy he was getting spotted for all 6 reps.
4. His back was bending side to side as each arm struggled to lift the weight unevenly i.e. left hand went higher then, right hand went higher, the left went higher and so on and so on.
5. His hand had slid to the inner side of the dumbell grip meaning the weight were falling outward.
6. once finished the world worst 6 reps, he proceeded to throw the dumbells to the floor.

After watching all this, in my mind thinking "please drop down to a lower weight" HE proceeded to do anotyher set, this time with 35kg dumbells.

My point, It's a good feeling to be the guy to lifting big weights, but not when you look like an absolute fool whilst doing it.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
People with **** form always amuse me. Saw a kid doing the worst bicep curls down in Geelong when training with Occy, Hozy and Hak.

One of my pet Hates.

Curling in the Squat Rack

STOP IT!!!!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I don't go to the gym anymore (Work out from home) but I used to HATE:

-People who never wiped their ass-sweat off the machines
-Go to grab some weights, only to find they're all over the floor
-People who literally YELL at their friends in conversation from one side of the floor to the other

That's about it, haven't been in years though

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Guys at the gym feeding their own insecurity complexes by faulting others lol..

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
I just go to a local gym, and the worst is when people go to the dumbbell rack, and curl DIRECTLY in front of it, so if you have to put your dumbbells back you have to wait, and then THEY crack it at YOU for "making them rush".

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
People who don't remove plates from equipment when they finish with it, i.e. conan who leaves the 100kgs+ on the barbell or the 200kgs+ on the leg press because he's too cool strutting around after his mega set to do it.

And dumbells all over the floor.

I'm not your bitch...put your own sh*t away you Slack F*@ks.

Oh, and people who take their phones to the gym and play with them between each set.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I am irritated by people who grunt too much, and who have their ipods on waaay too loud.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
People who don't remove plates from equipment when they finish with it, i.e. conan who leaves the 100kgs+ on the barbell or the 200kgs+ on the leg press because he's too cool strutting around after his mega set to do it.

And dumbells all over the floor.

I'm not your bitch...put your own sh*t away you Slack F*@ks.

Oh, and people who take their phones to the gym and play with them between each set.

Sometime i forget to put weights back...and i almost always use my phone for music, so between sets i scroll down my playlist.

I'm there at 5am in the morning thou :p

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'm there at 5-30 am.

Phones for music are fine. It's the apparent constant need to text / facebook or whatever at that time of the day that I don't get.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Facebook inbetween sets.
Fags struting around the gym after doing a few benches.
The indian ####s at my gym who apparently have formed a little club in the corner and sit on the floor talking whilst im trying to do lunges.
The idiots on the treadmill who have it set to 1 incline. Why bother even do it on 1?
The chick with the mad tits who wears very little while doing machine lateral flys and always gives me a hard on in my short shorts.