Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

At what amount of K's Should You Sell your VS

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
Hey guys

My VS has 182,000 k's on it and im a bit reluctant to do any major upgrades or spend big bucks on it due to the fact the engine is getting on now... what do you guys think? is it worth doing anything els to it? because its getting on now, or just leave it the way it is until its time to be sold with over 200,000 k's on it.

Cheers

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Cars in general are money consuming monsters. If you are planning on selling the car then of course it would not be worth spending big bucks on it. But if you are happy with the car now you could keep it for another 60K before getting rid of it, 182K is not that much really.

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
Cars in general are money consuming monsters. If you are planning on selling the car then of course it would not be worth spending big bucks on it. But if you are happy with the car now you could keep it for another 60K before getting rid of it, 182K is not that much really.

i just bought the car about 4 months ago so not planning to sell it any time soon. its already got extractors,exhaust,rims ect but i was thinking of doing it up so its in immaculate condition, but wasn't sure if it was worth doing all the hard work and spending the cash on it due to the amount of k's that its got on it.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
for its age 182k isn't too bad, it really depends on you though, do you want a mint VR/VS? if thats what you really want then decide if this car is in good enough condition to start working on it, you cant decide the condition of the car completly on the distance it has driven.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
mines got a 195k on it now and it drives like new, depends how theyre looked after

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Im going to agree also on how theyve been looked after, i got a VR with like 153,000 on it, been kept well so il prob never end up selling it, shes prime and thats all you really need, as also said above, if your happy with the car, keep it and mod it out.

ozbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 2
hi...my 96 vs had 190,000 when i purchased it just on 4 years ago...currently now has 265,000...lol in the time i have owned it the only things i've had to do is water pump and i've now just done power steering pump and had head gaskets done...i have put extractors on but that wasn't a have too job it was i wanted them job. so yeh even with the mileage mine's got i still think it's got a bit more life left in her yet..well fingers crossed...cheers

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
either way if i mod the crap out of the car and the engine blows ill just spend $800 and drop another one in.