Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

At what amount of K's Should You Sell your VS

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Mine's on 157XXX km's and it's running like brand new. Never misses a beat because it's been well loved for the last 13 years.

Fred 96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
got mine at 206000, even tho it looked like it had 106000 on it, now at 220000, looks and goes great, just broke a rocker tho.
Not sure how hard its been used before i got it, as avg fuel was at 16.7L per 100ks, its now at 13.6.
Have no plans to get rid of it soon.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i always think, if you have a car with low k's you get worried about putting heapsa k's on it for resale value, whereas if you have your car that you've put heapsa k's on, it gets to the point where it really doesnt matter anymore and you can just enjoy driving the damn thing!

Eactly, once its out of warranty K's means nothing. These cars are worth next to nothing and you don't build a nice car to keep it in the shed. So if the body is straight and no rust the world is your oyster. You don't need to waste $$$$$ on it just to get it nice, just keep your eye out for quality parts at the right price.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I purchased a VR at 179 k, kept it four years and at 335k, it was looking better than when I bought it, and still running beautifully. Look after then and they'll look after you.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Hey guys

My VS has 182,000 k's on it and im a bit reluctant to do any major upgrades or spend big bucks on it due to the fact the engine is getting on now... what do you guys think? is it worth doing anything els to it? because its getting on now, or just leave it the way it is until its time to be sold with over 200,000 k's on it.

Cheers
182Ks are pretty low for a commodore. I dont know much about the ecotec, but you quite regularly see Buick powered commodores getting to 400,000 easy. As long as you dont thrash it, you should get atleast another 100,000 out of her.