Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

attatching mesh

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Fitting mesh

Might be a pretty simple question, but im clueless so if anyone could help out... I just baught some steel mesh and i want to put it on my VT HERE. If anyone can let me know how to do it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
hey man, you can get to that part pretty easy i'm sure. If you can raise your car (ramps, etc) and get underneath it you will find that there is a flat spot, directly behind the number plat. You can attatch the mesh to that spot using whatever you prefer to hold it on with. The only problem with this is that its hard to get a screwdriver or other tools behind there. If its too hard you can take the front bumper off. There are a few screws at the top of the bumper, just under the hood, and a couple in front of the front tyres. You can get that off pretty easily then you will have more room to access the spot you want from the top, rather than under the car. Probably easier to get one person under the car and another at the top. 2 hands make lighter work...remember! Should work, im only going by memory as i did it a long time ago. Cheers...

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh ok sweet, thanks for the help, i'll have to see what i can do, dont really want to take the bumper off though, see what happends. Thanks again!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I did mine on my vx but i figure it should be about the same..

I got 4 right angle toggle switch mount from super cheap auto, (2bux each)
took the bar off, glued the swith mount to the flats of the intake on the bumper with sikaflex...

Screwed the mesh to the mounts....

This arrangement worked well......till i hit a rabbit anyway.... :p

I got pix if u want, i jst cbf posting them atm...lol

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha nah its cool, thanks for the help, we'll see what i can do, probably take a look on the weekend some time... I also need some help concerning exterior door handles... I'm going to put chrome ones on but i dont want to replace and respray the backing so if anyone can help out with that?