Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Attention - VZ Calais 6.0L L76 owners

DaveOC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 6.0L
Hi everyone,

I’ve started a google sheet in an attempt to track down all the factory 6 Litre VZ Calais and their current condition/written off status.

Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LtIamvCf88Iai-6X78pS7kOws0J2wHLmY_uU8Nh3Cc8/edit?usp=sharing

I’ve set the sheet to view only so it doesn’t end up a mess. If you want to add your car please post details here or via my contact details at the top of the sheet.

Feel free to share the link to anyone you know, Facebook groups, etc.

I’ve spoken to another owner who has an email from Holden stating that 76 of these were built.

Also interested to hear if everyone wants to include other models, Berlinas, Wagons, SS, etc.

I would expect getting some actual numbers consolidated can only benefit us.

Cheers,
Dave

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Someone was told by Holden there was 150 6ltr VZ Cross8’s made with the 6.0ltr with build dates as of Jan 1st ‘06.

Holden are incredibly vague and unwilling to unload build data, unlike Ford.

I’d suggest the build numbers for two years of manufacture were a lot higher than 76. Manufacture continued into mid ‘07 with the 6.0ltr.

There will be wagons, Crewman’s, One Tonners, and utes around with the L76.

HSV’s with the LS2.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Only 76 V8 VZ Calais..?? Yeah…nah…

As a (somewhat) of a comparison, I know there were 154 30th anniversary Gen F2 LSA Senators built. I doubt there were less than half the number of V8 VZ Calais’

Last edited:

DaveOC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 6.0L
Someone was told by Holden there was 150 6ltr VZ Cross8’s made with the 6.0ltr with build dates as of Jan 1st ‘06.

Holden are incredibly vague and unwilling to unload build data, unlike Ford.

I’d suggest the build numbers for two years of manufacture were a lot higher than 76. Manufacture continued into mid ‘07 with the 6.0ltr.

There will be wagons, Crewman’s, One Tonners, and utes around with the L76.

HSV’s with the LS2.
6.0ltr Calais were only built for around 6 months - Jan 06 through to July when the VZ was superceded by the VE. Wagons and utes were built for longer but no VZ sedans were built after July or August 06 from what I can tell.
Only 76 V8 VZ Calais..?? Yeah…nah…

As a (somewhat) of a comparison, I know there were 154 30th anniversary Gen F2 LSA Senators built. I doubt there were less than half the number of V8 VZ Calais’
Not talking all V8's, just the 6.0ltr. There are plenty of LS1's around.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Not talking all V8's, just the 6.0ltr
Ah, my mistake. Apologies.

I forgot the LS1 continued into VZ, for some reason I thought VY was the last to use it.

Last edited:

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
6.0ltr Calais were only built for around 6 months - Jan 06 through to July when the VZ was superceded by the VE. Wagons and utes were built for longer but no VZ sedans were built after July or August 06 from what I can tell.

Not talking all V8's, just the 6.0ltr. There are plenty of LS1's around.
Hey Dave, we have a Calais and its got a L76 but it's VE, 2 out of 3 won't be good enough. It'll be interesting to see how many you get. Cheers mate.

L76Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ L76 Calais VZ L76 SS
Yeah, very low build numbers. 76 in total. I have an L76 VZ Calais in Odessey with Light Reed leather, 140k on the clock. I have around 20 L76 Calais that I have been adding too a list over the years. I have also been keeping records of as many L76 VZ sedans in general as they are the shortest run new model in Holden’s history. Very few know this fact.

DaveOC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 6.0L
Yeah, very low build numbers. 76 in total. I have an L76 VZ Calais in Odessey with Light Reed leather, 140k on the clock. I have around 20 L76 Calais that I have been adding too a list over the years. I have also been keeping records of as many L76 VZ sedans in general as they are the shortest run new model in Holden’s history. Very few know this fact.
Hi mate, only just came across this response. Good to see there is someone else who agrees. Can you share your list with me? There are a fair few L76 SS listed on car sales at the moment. Guys with manuals are asking for $50k and up. Not sure if they’re selling for that much but I guess the manuals will be fairly sort after down the track.

Auto SS appears to be relatively common though.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi mate, only just came across this response. Good to see there is someone else who agrees. Can you share your list with me? There are a fair few L76 SS listed on car sales at the moment. Guys with manuals are asking for $50k and up. Not sure if they’re selling for that much but I guess the manuals will be fairly sort after down the track.

Auto SS appears to be relatively common though.
There is literally the link to the list in the first post.

DaveOC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 6.0L
There is literally the link to the list in the first post.
I am literally the person who made the first post. I was asking the guy above for his list. Did you even read the thread?