Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Attitudes and behaviours

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I have noticed that the mods are becoming less and less popular round JC lately and there have been quite a few arguments regarding the behaviour and attitude of some of the mods. And I’ve also noticed that each and everytime the subject has been raised the thread gets closed, even if the discussion within the thread is civil. It’s about time we users got a proper say about this, without the thread being closed, providing we can all be mature about it, and have our say with out causing a **** fight.

Now, I’m not saying that the mods are 100% at fault here, but if you take good enough look, you’ll see that the majority of these arguments have started due to a mods actions. Not so much what the mod has done, or why they’ve done it, but more the manner in which the action has been carried out. Frankly, some have been nasty, sarcastic, and just down right rude.

Fair enough the mods have a job to do, like closing inappropriate threads, keeping an eye on language content etc. But they can do all this with out the smartarse attitude. And it’s this ‘attitude’ that causes members to retaliate when a thread has been closed or whatever. The user/s aren’t narky because it’s been closed, they are narky because of the sometimes personal attacks/comments that may have been made right before the mods perform their so called duty. Also, I’ve seen threads closed for just about no reason, or mods openly admitting to editing, deleting or closing something ‘just because they can’ Honestly, it does look like power tripping….

It doesn’t look good for JC as a forum, I mean what are new user/guests going to think when they see this sort of behaviour from those who are meant to be helping running this site? It really doesn’t set a good example does it?

And I know some of you are just going to turn around and say ‘if you don’t like it, leave.’ But that isn’t my point here. It’s obviously an issue that is bothering a lot of users, even users that have been here for a long time and have generally been happy with the site. I don’t know what can be done about it, but something has to be. And it’s about time something was done.

Oh, and closing the threads everytime this subject comes up isn’t going to make the issue magically go away. It’ll only get worse……

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i also agree, mainly troy711, his attitude absolutely sucks. i also agree that mods do abuse there powers only certain mods, not all of them, i think its time this was acted on

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yeah I agree entirely.. I also put the blame on Troy..

I have no issue with the other moderators/admin..I think everyone else is doing a fantastic job..

Not a fan of the actions/attitudes or behaviour of Troy at all.. If there is ever a petition or poll to get rid of him, consider my name at the top..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
And your names on that petition will accomplish nothing. Troy has been a great asset to the admin/mod team. He has taken it apon himself to implement new ideas, reinvent old ones, etc. I really dont see what your big problem with him is? Can you show examples of your complains?
As we grow bigger we have to crack down more.
I can see where you are coming from, ill be the first to admit there have been tons of times I havent handled a situation the best. You all seem to forget we are human aswell. We have **** days at work, arguments with the missues, etc.
You complain its not what we do, but how we do it. So does that mean everytime someone here is a smart ass I get to ban them?
Also you make mention of what will new members think of our actions, etc. So what would you have us do? Sit back and let the place turn to **** to keep a small minority happy?
I welcome your suggestions so send them to either [email protected] or my hotmail [email protected]
AirStrike :air:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
not exactly dave, troy is a total smart ass, look in trents 1000 post thread, then disagree with me, he has let the power go to his head, i dont expect you to agree, or act on it for that matter, because he is obviously a mod, he can do what he likes

p.s good to see someone returned this thread, because someone deleted it

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Charg'd (sexy vn chick lover) said:
not exactly dave, troy is a total smart ass, look in trents 1000 post thread, then disagree with me, he has let the power go to his head, i dont expect you to agree, or act on it for that matter, because he is obviously a mod, he can do what he likes

What troy did in that thread was simply a joke, and something that I have done many a time. Your looking into it far to much. You all claim its 'the power gone to his head', its just us having a joke, no different then when we went thru the custom user title faze(sp?).

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm sorry, i know i don't have a lot of posts compared to you guys but i do read alot of the threads and i fail to see the problem with troy.
I don't know him from anyone else but i think he's doing the job pretty well so far.
Moderating this forum would not be easy so i think you should cut the mods. some slack.
After all, nobodys perfect.
If you want to scould me for having an opinion guys go right ahead, just my 2 cents.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Charg'd (sexy vn chick lover) said:

AirStrike said:
Can you show examples of your complains?
Well, I did have a perfect example of this whole sarcasm thing, and from Troy, but it's magically disappeared....Gotta love that delete button hey?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
1vngal said:
Well, I did have a perfect example of this whole sarcasm thing, and from Troy, but it's magically disappeared....Gotta love that delete button hey?
What thread? No threads are deleted they are just moved to a section you cant access. Let me know what it is and ill find it.