Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ATTN all VR/VS berlina/calais owners

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
has anyone had a problem with their climate control where it doesnt come on when you press the buttons, but will randomly turn on after the cars been running for a little while? its driving me insane!!!!

scorpio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 5L HSV ENHANCED
i havent, but mine seems to restet itself after i turn the ignition on and off

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah mine does that too plus it doesnt light up... i just recieved a replacement that i bought off ebay which was from a vn and it doesnt operate properly in the vs.... got to resell it now.... anyone else out there thats experienced it an had t fixed let me know!!!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
what do you mean it doesnt turn on? the AC system, or the control module itself?

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
the a/c an heater is completly inoperative, as if it has no power going to it... its wierd when it happens, if i had it on the last time i turned the car off and it doesnt come on when i go to turn it on the next time i drive, it will randomly come on as im driving, if it wasnt on the las time i drove i'll know when to turn it on cause after a while i here a sound like the vents are opening or something, then its ready to use.... very strange and very f 'n annoying.....

BowTieGQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.8 ;)
Easy fix. Open the relay box cover behind RH headlight. Now I forget which one, but I think the relay second from left, which might say something like A/C on the cover, is powered by the relay about 2 to the left. Does that make sense? It's the one that powers it that plays up. I payed a Holden dealer lots of money to not work that one out. Found it myself. Actually I just remembered, it also has something to do with the thermo fans. When they came on, so did the climate control, so the relay may have been that one. To fix, take out the horn relay and swap it with the suss one. I no longer have a VS to open bonnet to check sorry. Hope this helps.

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
BowTieGQ, if you were a chick i'd ask you to marry me!! If that relay swap did for your VS what it has just done for mine, you know how i feel.... not only is the a/c coming on at command, it has corrected rough idleing and over revving of gears going from second to third and manual changing of gears with the stick is so much smoother and doesnt jerk forward or back when choosing reverse or drive......its like its just had a full service... dont know if you had results like these but i'm happy as motherf@*ker.....you are a genius!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
has anyone had a problem with their climate control where it doesnt come on when you press the buttons, but will randomly turn on after the cars been running for a little while? its driving me insane!!!!

Yeah it was the first thing I fixed when I got my car... it turned out to be the vacuum solenoid switches under the radio. It's a little square box with about 5 holes the size of 5 cent pieces... new they're about $130 @ wreckers about $30.

If your vents dont all work when changing through them manually. Then that could be your problem. On mine I couldn't get the centre vent to work and when in auto it always wanted to send air to the floor.

Hope that helps !

Agh never mind...I just read your last post...good to see it's all fixed !!!

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
good to see a man happy with his ride. best responce i've seen yet to a solution to someones problem. excelllent:thumbsup: