Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY_84_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina/VX S Pac
I know there is heaps of threads out there that cover the fitting up AU thermo fans but for the life of me I cannot find a wiring diagram that shows simply how to wire them up. I'm not using a temp switch or anything, I just want them to run when the ignition is on and turn off when the ignition is off, without burning through a fuse, lol. I've already blown a couple and melted the fuse holder, just hoping someone on here has wired them up that can shed some light on this for me so I can wire them up properly. By the way there mounted in a VK Commodore.
Any help at this point would be much appreciated :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yep there are heaps of threads, but since we havn't covered it for at least 2 weeks, i spose' we may as well make another one.

you need a nice fat wire running from battery + to the fans via a relay, then you need a nice fat wire running from earth to the fan, then you need a wire running from ingition + to the relay. easiest way is from the coil to the relay. then you need to earth the relay.

and that is it.