Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auctions beware!

T

t2te50

Not a big fan of auctions and if your a fussy prick like myself you'll know why. We where looking for a fairmont ghia but ended up buying a fairlane from a local dealer, that had just been traded.
The dealers get the cream at auctions while the public get the dogs that have just come out of the panel beater. 5 out of the 6 cars we looked at had fronts or rear quarters resprayed. When spending $25,000 you expect the vehicle to be like new! So we spent the extra 3-4 grand in royalties and bought a car that is like new.
I recommend people to look for a privately owned vehicles if you want something mint.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
spose thats why it good to know a dealer who you can go to the dealer auctions with. i agree, if theres a car in mint condition, it most likely wouldn't have gone to the auction in the first place. newish cars with logbook history is a different story but.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
im not 100% convinced, ive now bought 2 cars from acutions and they have been awsome cars, never missed a beat and are still in the family...handed down too sister/and bro's.....im not sayin public dont get the crap cause of the dealers but yeah i think i did get a good deal