Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auctions in Melboune prices?

ascension24

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyones knows how much a VT can be picked up from say pickles or fowles auctions in Melbourne.

Would 7 grand be enough to find something decent?

plasmid2

Reaction score
G'day.

I bought a VX Acclaim from fowles in Melbourne approximately 2 1/2 years ago for $18 000 with 42 000 on the clock. At the time VT's were between $10-$15000. However, what you will find is that, at least at Fowles, VT's will be rare now, as the majority of the cars are government or company cars that get updated regularly. If you do your homework you can get fantastic deals. Check out some auctions and see how the bidding works. Generally the bidding is pretty competative at the start of the auction and as people leave, the bidding tends to slow down. You can also check out their website. They have all the info on the cars with photos but obviously no prices.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Arth

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I picked up my VT Calais II in July from Fowles for $10,250. But yeah you would be able to pick up a VT exec for anywhere from 5k+ these days depending on kms, colour, condition etc. They were going for around 7 when I was looking. Just keep at it and don't worry if you don't pick something up first time, i went to about 5 or so auctions before I picked my Calais up, got the car cheaper too :thumbsup:

Good Luck with it.

ascension24

Reaction score
I noticed that fowles only had 6 vts for sale this week were as pickles had over 50.
So vts at pickles should be much cheaper.

Im in the middle of selling my car now, and once its gone I should have 7kmin, but prob most likely about 8.5k to spend on a VT.

locksmith

Reaction score
You can get a good deal...

Bought my VT Acclaim Series 1, with alloy wheels (Even had Yokohama tyres), rear spoiler, Bermuda Blue, with 155,000 km on the clock and registered for $8500. Other VT's went from $7200 right up to 11,000, all Acclaims. Always seen VT's, just have to have patience.