Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

audio = 100ks less per tank??

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I have 2 suggestions.

1. How much does the system weigh? This could account for part of the decrease.
2. In order to install the system would would have needed to disconnect the battery, which would reset the ECU. I remember that with my VX whenever I disconnected the battery for an extended time the ECU was reset or whatever and for about the first tank of fuel it would drink more.

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
wow wasnt expecting so much feed back but thanks everyone for your comments :) and wow there are some funny ones in hear hahaha!
ok,
my sound system does not weight +100ks lol
im running:
- alpine cda117e headunit
- JL front components c2-600
- JL rear 2 ways c2x-600
- JL 5ch 700Wrms amp
- Polk MOMO 12" 425Wrms sub
- dynamat in front doors and boot lid
- custom ported box (big btw, takes up half the boot but not that heavy, pics on "my ride thread")

at first i thought it was the alternator, but then i quickly threw that idea out the window cos the alternator is being powered by a pulley which is driven buy the engine revs which can only change with my foot, not my sound system.

i know all about this learning computer in the vx/vy onward commodore models and it should not effect my fuel that much. i have filled up at least 6 times since the stereo so my car has had plenty of time to "re-learn"

and i do like to have fun occasionaly il admitt that so revs can get pretty high, but only sometimes!! not all the time!! i seem to look at my revs alot while i drive, car tends to change into 2nd at 3-3500 rpm when i leave the lights and 2-3000 rpm for every other change depending on how hard i push my foot down.

im really confused about this fuel thing, im one line off the half way mark atm and im sitting at mid 200Ks so far which is good but... i have been doing alot of continuos high-ish speed drives along highways and through 70+km/h zones lately so il keep everyone updated as to how many ks i get to this tank.

thanks for all the input, keep it coming! :)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I'd rule out the stereo as the cause of your bad fuel consumption mate.

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
Yeah, I'm hoping outs not my stereo because if it is that would be pretty stupid. It had just occurred though just as it was all installed do just throwing s possibility out there.

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
Well of I had a supercharged v6 I guess I would have that problem too haha, but I don't so it must be something else

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk