Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio development AD6

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Audio development AD6 6.5 inch Component System

RRP
$435
$375 to JC members:D

Features:
Low profile W6 Mid Bass driver
T10 Tweeter
X2E Crossover

Things i like:
Very shallow mid bass driver, made fitting them a breeze. Very clean sound, not afraid of a bit of volume either, and will still remain very detailed. More midd bass than i was expecting from both a driver this size, and depth. Not much time spent listening in full pass as i have a sub so the HPF was set at 80 hz, all though they will play lower than that according to the specs sheet i didn't really feel like testing the excursion levels on my most expensive speakers so far....

Tweeter is one of the nicest i've heard in this price range. I listened to as many sets available in this price range as i could, and mostly i found the tweeters to be overly bright, even a tad harsh in some cases. Whether that was simply to do with the tuning on the display boards or just a case of the crossovers attenuation, i can only comment from the limited auditions that i did.

Things i dislike:
There are no grills supplied, or available for the mid drivers, but that was only an issue due to the fact i was fitting them to a set of made up pods. If someone is planning on mounting them in a factory location in a vehicle, this obviously won't be an issue. There is also no mounting hardware for either the mid bass driver, or the tweeter. But again, these are all minor things, which do not effect the sound which obviously is what is most important. Let's face it, if a better sounding set of speakers for the same money means a quick trip to pick up a handful of screws, then it's an easy choice.

Star rating out of 5
5 out 5 I really couldn't be happier with these for the money i paid.They are currently being driver by a Pioneer GM5200T, 125 rms into 2 @ 4ohm, my source is an Alpine CDA 105EI.

Obviously with some further deadning and some better tuning (no time correction on the 105EI until i add the H100) things will improve even more.

Attachments

• 19092009009.jpg
    19092009009.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,668
  • 19092009007.jpg
    19092009007.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,573
Last edited:

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Love the writeup mate. Your support is very much appreciated.