Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio setup in stock WH Statesman

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
Hi guys,
just after some help i'm looking at upgrading the speakers in my WH by can someone help me out with the specs of the original speakers so i get the right size, what i need is the size of the splits, tweeters subs etc.. Also how do i remove he tweeters from the dash?? One last question I want to change the small amp in the boot for the subs on the parcel shelf does anybody know the colour codes of the wires to stock amp so i can hook up a bigger one??

Thanx heaps guys
Paul

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
i think all the door speakers are 6"(including the splits) and the subs are 8"....not sure on the subs tho

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
thanx champ i'm looking at some 6 1/2 splits for the front approx 8cm deep do you think they will go in??

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
cant say for sure, but i think they might fit, head over to www.caraudioaustralia.com
they have heaps of helpful stuff there, and also they should be able to help u out a bit more
Nick

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
you would probably get better value out of upgrading your HU unless you dont want to for aesthetics or something

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
yea upgrading the HU is the best idea but i dont like the look of it i want to keep it looking original i rekon a good set of speakers bigger rear amp and good quality subs will sound pretty good thats why i'm after all the specs
cheers

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
yeah the speakers will be 6 inch, (6.5inch will fit them no worries) and the subs are 8 inch cos thats wat the calais has, if u want to keep the dash lookin stocku could get a boot stacker with a mini display thing that u stick in the glovebox or where ever, (dunno where they r though, only ever seen one we had in our old car), hope that helps or gives u ideas.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
it depends on the 6.5 inch speakers and the basket size. i couldnt fit my alpines in the stock pods and then the custom mdf pods i made for the alpines wouldnt fit the nakas. the alpines and nakas were both ment to be 6.5 inch but the alpines were a smaller 6.5 inch with a smaller basket and the nakas were a bigger 6.5 inch with a very large basket.
also another problem is that because of the angle the stock pods are they will sometimes make the magnet hit the metal door inner skin.
there is no way someone can predict if a speaker will be ok unless they have installed that specific speaker.

bruzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 5.7
well the speakers i'm after the basket i think is 8cm deep you think they will fit?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
its not just the depth but the actual shape of the basket side on... what i was trying to make clear is there is no real way to say if it will fit. the worst case senario is that you need to make different custom mdf spacers. best case is that the speakers fit well with not too much cutting on the stock plastic pod (the plastic pods sound cap tho...).