Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio System

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
ok im eventually gonna upgrade me whole system. I Have a vn commodore calais.

Im thinkin of Pioneer atm

When i 1st get my stereo im thinkin of getting...

Pioneer MP3/CD Player DEHP4850
Pioneer 4" Speakers TSG1011R 110W for dash
Pioneer 6" Speakers TSA1681S 260W for Rear Parcell Tray
Pioneer 6" Speakers TSA1671S 220W for Speaker Pods

Soundstorm 15" Sub with 4ch audiomaster amp

now i know that the sub and amp aren't that good of brands but i got them for pretty cheap and im planning to upgrade them l8tr on to...

2 x Pioneer 12" sub TSW306C
not sure on the amp yet

so what u think about that setup?

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I would ditch the dash/door pod combo and instead buy a set of splits for the front. Should provide better imaging, and if you leave the back stock you'll have a bigger budget for your splits and should get something good. The more knowledgeable members might be able to recommend some models given a price range, but if you wanna stick with pioneer throughout then the upper end of the TSC range is supposed to be pretty good.

RE sub: Most in the know will suggest getting one better sub than the two pioneers but i say if you want two then they are good entry level subs and go for it. Nothing like two 12's for appearances.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
if i were in your shoes i wouldnt be runnin the 15. for the hassle of settin it up its prolly not gunna sound great. Your call but :)

oh and u definatly want splits for the front doors, way better sound than those 4way's give off. coaxials can be ok for the rear but.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
is there any particular reason you want all pioneer stuff?? You might want to listen to other stuff too, to get what suits you best. Id also say to just get one set of splits for the front and leave the stock speakers in the back. If you really want to upgrade them, id just get some sheapie coax.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
wes_v8 said:
k thanx, yea was only sayin 2 cause it would look better in the boot, 4 shows so it fills the gap up, anyone else got any ideas?
yeah go for one sub as said before if you are cocerned with money but 2 looks better (not my 2 though. ugly as ****!)

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
what 2 would that be??

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
jaycar 12s in a big arse, almost square box..... they are only functional, not cosmetic! unless you like the raw finish of mdf and 2 inch chipboard screws!

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
^^^ lol awesome, shoulda seen the boxes i made, im no carpenter :p gaps in them everywhere :D

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
thanx for the info, well im not gonna leave the speakers stock in the back cause we have already took the stock ones out because of when speaker had a hole in it and replaced them with some cheap ones. Bigdaz im not gonna be settin it up i can get it all installed for free so ill prob install it and take it out later on, what are some good splits do u rekon? i don't want the best sound system just a decent one, I listen to mostly hip hop and rap if that makes u pic the speakers better, well whats sum other brands do u rekon instead of pioneer. Just that my cuz has a pioneer system and it sounds pretty good