Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussieakito's VY SS Manual

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
.....with illegal mods.
At all.

Car culture was awesome a few years back, then cops started turning up at meets and blocking carpark exits and defecting vehicles.

Then they shut down the BP eastlink SNL meets too. Instead of becoming involved, they decided that it was easier to defect vehicles and fine owners to deter them from attending.

Now it’s pretty much impossible to find a good meet. Most large, quiet car parks are privately owned. Public liability insurance then becomes an issue (especially where there’s the risk of hoon behaviour) and planning an event becomes almost impossible unless you charge to cover the cost of insurance.

It’s all a big blame game now. ‘Can’t hold an event unless we have somebody to hold accountable if something goes wrong’.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
planning an event becomes almost impossible unless you charge to cover the cost of insurance.

Interesting concept.....Custom Cars and Coffee in Perth now charges $10 per car and $5 per bike / spectator.....never used to be this way when it first started a number of years ago.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I hope this doesn't end up happening here in NSW mainly the police treatment of car people ( although a few do deserve what they get).
The club I joined holds a park up on the last Saturday of every month at a BP fast and fresh =they are a club sponsor.
There's a huge amount of parking and there now needs to be as in the last few months it's just exploded as an event.
The club is really big on facebook = closing in on 2000 members but in real terms = financial members not even 200 although the numbers growing and this event seems to help that.
One area NSW sucks at is the age of the vehicle has to be for historic/ condicional plates 30 if it was 25 the maloo would now be on condicional plates.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Still got the ss, but got myself a new daily driver

7A4F8FF8-6927-4C9B-B995-03266D04C37A.jpeg

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
you seriously have an STI? that is awesome!. i considered getting one of these when searching for a car off my P plates. we should go for a drive when off restrictions

Edit: also more pics please

Last edited: