Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australia really is going down the drain

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I'd tell them to go fist f*ck themselves.

Public servants are in the public deal with it.

That and from my expiriences with midwives most of them are useless as tits on a bull so why fuggin distraction is there?
They stand around and watch unless theres and emergency. Who's going to film an emergency? (Who wants to film the delivery anyway, but thats not the issue).

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Who wants to film the delivery anyway
was thinking the same thing.
however i can see where they are coming from. (read in the herald sun)
if complications arise, its caught on film. it can be distressing images (although cant it be destroyed?)

from what i read in the Herald Sun about it, the hospitals/doctors are getting sued because of complications and there has been video evidence.

and if doctors are worried it may show poor performance (within reason) and malpractice, then this should be fixed. and maybe it can keep the buggers honest about the malpractice.

but i still dont see why you would want to film it. to me that is pretty disgusting.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Who would EVER want to see a whole person squeeze through a vagina? Let alone record it so they can watch it later...

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Yeh personally I have no problem with this. Giving birth in a public hospital is a right every aussie woman has, but being able to film is not a right its a priveledge and should only be allowed if staff permit it. I wouldn't like someone filming me at work and having every move I make being up for criticism. If you were having an operation at hospital it would be highly unlikely and unusual for them to permit filming of the operation. If you want to have your own way and have a video there are plenty of options on where to birth, take one of those and stop being so frigging precious. Too many women getting caught up in the fuss of having the 'perfect birth' these days don't realise that the perfect birth is one where you get to bring your baby home.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I'd tell them to go fist f*ck themselves.

Public servants are in the public deal with it.

That and from my expiriences with midwives most of them are useless as tits on a bull so why fuggin distraction is there?
They stand around and watch unless theres and emergency. Who's going to film an emergency? (Who wants to film the delivery anyway, but thats not the issue).

Yep. Exactly, I wouldn't want to film the actual delivery, or I'd choose not to point the camera there....

was thinking the same thing.
however i can see where they are coming from. (read in the herald sun)
if complications arise, its caught on film. it can be distressing images (although cant it be destroyed?)

from what i read in the Herald Sun about it, the hospitals/doctors are getting sued because of complications and there has been video evidence.

and if doctors are worried it may show poor performance (within reason) and malpractice, then this should be fixed. and maybe it can keep the buggers honest about the malpractice.

but i still dont see why you would want to film it. to me that is pretty disgusting.

Banning for the sake of malpractice is a pretty poor excuse, if the doctor/hospital team are negligent or performing their job inappropriately or in the wrong fashion then it is up to the discretion of the person what they would do with the film. Freedom to film a very rare, special moment in your own life and the life of your family is important.

On principle I think it's wrong to ban it, if people want to film, go ahead, your baby.
As for the doctor's concern, staff privacy? It is private, if you don't want to be in the video, then stay out of the way of the camera or don't be there. Legal repercussions? Their making an issue out of something that isn't there. If they are negligent in delivery, their problem, if not, then all is fine!

Who would EVER want to see a whole person squeeze through a vagina? Let alone record it so they can watch it later...

Some people get a kick out of it...gynecologists for one.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
This is the problem with the let's sue everyone for everything and blame the world when something goes wrong mentality.

To reduce any possibility of having filmed evidence should a female patient sue her gyno because her pubic hair was messed up during the birth, I can see why they no longer want the procedure filmed.

I don't agree with this personally. I am with CSP - it's not a spectator sport, I refused each time when asked if I wanted to be propped up to watch my babies born. I am happy enough with the happy snaps of my babies shortly after birth.

Who would you show these videos too anyway? I am far from a prude but I wouldn't want my family and friends sitting around looking at my map of tassie wide open, and I am quite sure my kids would be a bit disturbued looking at mum's pinks bits. I know if my parents had my birth on film I would refuse to watch for these reasons.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yep. Its an occasion that only the people there should be privy to IMO.

I watched my daugher be born, while its not discusting, I can't see why you would want to film it.
That said, I think it should also be your choice, we're having far to many decisions made for us these days.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
This is the problem with the let's sue everyone for everything and blame the world when something goes wrong mentality.

To reduce any possibility of having filmed evidence should a female patient sue her gyno because her pubic hair was messed up during the birth, I can see why they no longer want the procedure filmed.

I don't agree with this personally. I am with CSP - it's not a spectator sport, I refused each time when asked if I wanted to be propped up to watch my babies born. I am happy enough with the happy snaps of my babies shortly after birth.

Who would you show these videos too anyway? I am far from a prude but I wouldn't want my family and friends sitting around looking at my map of tassie wide open, and I am quite sure my kids would be a bit disturbued looking at mum's pinks bits. I know if my parents had my birth on film I would refuse to watch for these reasons.

Definately. I wouldn't want to watch it. Gross.

Yep. Its an occasion that only the people there should be privy to IMO.

I watched my daugher be born, while its not discusting, I can't see why you would want to film it.
That said, I think it should also be your choice, we're having far to many decisions made for us these days.

Exactly.

The issue I was raising here is the limitations of your rights. Whether I would or wouldn't film it is up to me, (or the person concerned) but the lack of freedom to make your own mind up pisses me off.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
My Mum, my wifes Dad and I were there for our first childs birth and we filmed it so the wife could watch it later. She wanted it filmed. Nothing disgusting about it at all. Our first son was at the birth of out second son when he was four. This was not in a normal hospital ward though. It was in a now closed for lack of funding "home birth unit", basically a flat with all the equipment you'd need at Kyogle NSW hospital. Neither of the kids were at the birth of out 3rd son as he was 7 weeks premature and it was in Lismore Base Hospital and a bit crowded. I see no reason you should be stopped from filming it. Just looks like others trying to cover their arses at out expense.