Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian cricket team..

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Probably not a particularly popular sport,its boring especially test cricket right? would agree it can be until the reincarnated Mitchell Johnson got another crack at the poms three months ago!!...add Davey Warner,Steve Smith to some extent and its pretty exciting to watch these guys go apeshit on their opposition.
Wasn't so long ago we were getting pumped by more teams than not and the poms owned us(recent away series was kinda close-ish)but the transformation has been down to mostly these three guys,Ryan Harris,great team harmony(thanks to Darren Lehmann) AND no more Mickey Arthur(wtf was the thinking behind that appointment??) so it was RIP poms 5-0 and won one game the whole tour,now the aussies are taking on South Africa away..

Johnson who is still bowling at his brutal best has just towelled up the saffers with 7/68 in the first test,Marsh(who I confess I don't rate super highly)and Smith had ensured we achieved a very solid first innings total and now Warner is giving Steyn and co some stick in the second dig.With almost 2 1/2 days to play,a lead of 290 at the moment and 9 wickets in hand a win is extremely likely to get the series off to a great start.

Cricket discussion might be of some interest to a few here(or not as I couldn't see a thread at all lol)) but I have loved the way Johnson is literally making batsman scared,really scared...Love that handlebar moustache too,the bloke looks mean as...

Winter Olympics or watching Australia smash their opposition in the cricket,no brainer as to whats more appealing for me.

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Probably not a particularly popular sport,its boring especially test cricket right? would agree it can be until the reincarnated Mitchell Johnson got another crack at the poms three months ago!!...add Davey Warner,Steve Smith to some extent and its pretty exciting to watch these guys go apeshit on their opposition.
Wasn't so long ago we were getting pumped by more teams than not and the poms owned us(recent away series was kinda close-ish)but the transformation has been down to mostly these three guys,Ryan Harris,great team harmony(thanks to Darren Lehmann) AND no more Mickey Arthur(wtf was the thinking behind that appointment??) so it was RIP poms 5-0 and won one game the whole tour,now the aussies are taking on South Africa away..

Johnson who is still bowling at his brutal best has just towelled up the saffers with 7/68 in the first test,Marsh(who I confess I don't rate super highly)and Smith had ensured we achieved a very solid first innings total and now Warner is giving Steyn and co some stick in the second dig.With almost 2 1/2 days to play,a lead of 290 at the moment and 9 wickets in hand a win is extremely likely to get the series off to a great start.

Cricket discussion might be of some interest to a few here(or not as I couldn't see a thread at all lol)) but I have loved the way Johnson is literally making batsman scared,really scared...Love that handlebar moustache too,the bloke looks mean as...

Winter Olympics or watching Australia smash their opposition in the cricket,no brainer as to whats more appealing for me.

Ill answer with this,

THERES WINTER OLYMPICS ON????

Australian cricket is not a boring sport, i can't say how many days i had off when we played the poms and i just lazed on the lounge watching my man mitchy deliver balls at 150km/h+!!!!!

Steve smith will captain the aussie test side one day mark my words, he has such a michael clarke feel about him!

R.I.P ENGLAND
R.I.P RSA

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
Like your style mate,we are on FIRE..pumped RSA in the first,more coming for them..mitchy a lazy 12/140 odd match figures + 30 odd with the bat plus a ripping catch in the field...

agreed re smithy too..about 2016/17 or so he will be "king" of the team,looks the likely successor..alex doolan batted alright too mate,might be a potential mainstay you reckon?,early days but looks comfortable so far at least.

Loving the form of this team at the moment.

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Mitchy took 12 wickets, thats equal to him dismissing a whole side + there 12th man its just outstanding cricket!

I don't see pup retiring till atleast 2020, He is struggling at the moment but he is no Alistair cook, Lol.. If something where to happen in the next two years to clarkey being captain i would say Davey Warner would get the first look followed by Braddin. But totally agree around 16/17 smithy will be the hot fav!

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh clarkey's what 32/33..might be a bit longer and I love how the bloke has "manned" up in the last 12 or so months as a leader.Definitely the guy for the job if he maintains form,and isn't going all that bad at present,few outs but at least one ton in the poms obliteration..a longterm out of form situation then maybe a change..but we'll see..

Glad you mentioned haddin,i forgot too wrap him,he has done superbly too...their almost all firing at one point or another,awesome s%^t!

Might in time rename this thread kingy and rippens cricket trashtalk thread....:smoking:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
LOL Smith blames the pitch!! - did both teams use the same pitch or what??

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL Smith blames the pitch!! - did both teams use the same pitch or what??

LOL at Graeme Smith,like that he plays his cricket hard and tough but don't like the bloke at all,did you see HOW scared he was facing johnno! :rofl2:

luckyvt94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Thunder SS
Smith chose to bat last by sending the Aussies in so it's kind of his own fault.
Have always liked the look of smith, glad his finding some confidence. If everyone fires they will be unstoppable.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
losers can whine all they want I agree,clarke may have done the same but with Johnno bowling exocets its a no brainer...good to see a few contributors on the thread.