Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian fleet sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Just wondering if anyone has bought a car from them? Are they any good? Worth a visit? They are willing to give me a good trade in for my VN :yeah:

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
If you're desperate for a cheap late model car with 300,000-500,000kms on it then go for it.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
KingDiamond said:
If you're desperate for a cheap late model car with 300,000-500,000kms on it then go for it.

is all cars like that im interested in looking at one of those places sometime. do they really give as gooda trade ins as they say they do?

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Cars are OK quality from what I have seen .. A friend of mine (who was pretty young) was talked into signing some papers and taking a car for the weekend as a test drive so he could speak with his parents about the car... Turns out it was a purchase agreement that he signed ... Was over 7 years ago, when there was not too much legislation around for dodgy dealings like that.. But always sticks in my mind...

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Yes it will be very hard to get rid of the VN but I need to get a car with some safety features ha ha! Seem like they jack up the prices to make up for the big trade in. I'm looking for a VY at the moment, cheapest one they have is an executive with lots of k's for 14k, cheapest berlina is 18k. Seen better prices in holden dealers!

I can't believe they would get away with that, well at least your friend would have learned a very valuable lesson that day!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
paddyj said:
Yes it will be very hard to get rid of the VN but I need to get a car with some safety features ha ha! Seem like they jack up the prices to make up for the big trade in. I'm looking for a VY at the moment, cheapest one they have is an executive with lots of k's for 14k, cheapest berlina is 18k. Seen better prices in holden dealers!

I can't believe they would get away with that, well at least your friend would have learned a very valuable lesson that day!

Here in Adelaide they are sellin off VZ commodores for $17,990, so perhaps its the same where you are?

At that price for VZ, a high km VY should be goin a fair bit cheaper. But 14k is still decent imo

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
try auctions, you can find vy's with as little as 10k up to 150k on the clock for around 12-20 thousand, you can also find vy berlinas and exec vz's around 16 thousand and up

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Saw a VY executive the other day in the gong for 14K, only had 40k on the clock, was spotless. Also there was another one in the fixed price section on fowles.com.au for 12,600, can't remember how many k's. Not upgrading till Jan next year so have loads of time, just trying to scope out the market.

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Good idea... keep looking around. I got VY Acclaim last week. It is beautiful. its an 02 model, with an SS bodykit, lowered and 18" GTS wheels. Its only done 56,000km, and I got the whole thing for $15,500. Thats a mad price, coz I had a budget of $20,000, so the rest of the money will be spent on mods. I also put in a grand for the sound system, which is now full Clarion, and therefore awesome! :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.