Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian Grand Prix

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
:D Skaife 1st and Webber 5th :D

Pretty good day all round.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I agree. :D I'll bet Ambrose **** himself. :yeah: :drink:

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Feel The Power Of The Mighty Holden Commodore Rise Again!!! Bwa Ha Ha Ha...

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
WEBBER looks fast in the williams

Sir Frank Williams did a good thing 18months ago to get our man out of a crappy cosworth, jag, ford pos green thing into this awsome, fast and HP invent williams f1 machine to take on the ferrari!!!! GO Skaife good 2 see hes is back, he owns his ownteam, no1 for race 3. Damn bowe and Jones only won because of tire choice they took a chance , but atleast the Lion took the final race and the no1 ambrose can go 2 nascars give that BA a rest it looks really promising last yr but the VY wasn't the best and the VZ has got it together im sure of it . Ambrose is a good driver wish he has the Holden Sprit. All the best for HSV Dealer Team, Castrol Perkins Racing, Willaims F1, and HRT. Cheers all SUBDUE

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Apparently (according to Auto Action), Skaife doesn't own HRT anymore. I think Tom Walkinshaw might be back. Isn't it a coincidence? As soon as Skaife took over HRT and HRT changed their livery, Skaife started declining. Maybe owning a team aswell as driving for one put too much pressure on Skaifey? Oh well. All he has to concentrate on now is driving and the livery has gone back to being dominantly red and white... COOL!!!

VSTrev

The Stig!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VS Ute
I think you have it partly right Torana.
from what i have gathered Tom Walkinshaw is back as head/owner for HRT. I guess that also includes HSV Dealer Team and possibly PWR as well i'm not really sure. However, it seems that Holden were looking into getting someone to take over from skaife as head honcho, i guess tom was available and with his past record they chose him. I am guessing Tom put some of his own money into it again, lets hope he doesn't go bankrupt again, and you said it - surprise sruprise a completely red livery again.
Also, Skaife didn't relinquish complete control, he still has a percentage their and obviously has a say in the workings of the team.

But don't think skaife is only doing his driving, he is still on the board for HSV, not one single HSV vehicle goes into production with out his signature, he also sits on the ARDC committee, and last i heard he is still the V8Supercar drivers representative.

Plus, how many people have proven that owner drivers just don't work.
Perkins, Johnson, Seton, Larkham, now skaife and the list goes on. Lets just hope that Bright trips over this same hurdle. ;)

<HOLDEN>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL & VR commodore
Skaife had a good weekend :yeah: