Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian laws are ####ed compared to america

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
to OP
AUS laws are the same.
dont see why you think its stupid.

old bloke was in belief his life was in danger so he corrected that belief which is completely within his rights to do.
in USA in AUS its both the same.

i did make a post about a similar thing in another thread with somebody complaining about not having the right to self defence.
you bet your arse you do!

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
found it.

step 1. if they are within the boundaries of your property ask them for legal identification.
step 2. if they do not provide it you have the right to ask/tell them to leave.
step 3. you may now use reasonable force to remove them from your property (reasonable being deemed on what a group of random people come to the conclusion of what level of force is necessary to remove patrons)
step 4. if they are to pick up objects and threaten you and you genuinely feel that yours or your families (or whoever is with you) lives are in grave danger you may shoot all 7 of them legally and not be prosecuted for it.
step 5. enjoy your therapy.

this guy started at step 4. as he was hit with a bat.

umm.. its from inclosed lands act of 1901 and lepra section 321 (i think)

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
If no one has guns, no one can shoot each other.....

Fairly simple

Matty.b

VR with 56,000kms genuine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
then people would simply use knives, hammers, pieces of wood etc.

i collect Fire-arms and have been around them my entire life, anyone who thinks people with guns are all unstable is i must say a FOOL, they are tools simply
my fire-arms collection includes some very rare pieces from conflicts in the worlds past, do you think that these (which cannot be replaced) should be crushed and lost for future generations, firearms are a reality...it is part of the existence and our world...get over it, is this yet another step towards a nanny state maybe

anyone out there read about the invasion of Norway by Germany in WW2 (Norway had no standing army) or the Soviet Invasion of Finland in the Winter war?

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Geez I am going to shoot someone with my firearm that has it's serial number registered on a national database to my name, including where I bought the firearm from, which ammo I bought, etc. I don't think so.

You have obviously forgot about the maniacs that want to inflict harm on others and dont care if they get caught, the recent shooting of Senator Gifford and the shooting of 18 others, six fatally in Tuscon Arizona. A seemingly frequent scenario in the states.
Laughner, had a licence and a registered weapon, though some there clinging to their 1st amendment, state that he really obtained the weapon illegally because he lied about being a dope addict.....ffs: Jared Loughner DID NOT legally obtain a gun. | Rob Doar . com

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
then people would simply use knives, hammers, pieces of wood etc.

?

How many people do you think Martin Bryant would have been able to kill with a piece of wood?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If that first one was in Australia it would have been the old man cracking them over the head with a cricket bat instead of shooting them :p

Although not a cricket bat.. I always keep a baseball bat just to the right of my door out of sight.

Matty.b

VR with 56,000kms genuine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
How many people do you think Martin Bryant would have been able to kill with a piece of wood?

how many do you think he could kill with a car, what if he plowed into a crowd with a land-cruiser with a 6-bar bull bar should we ban cars as like fire-arms they have the "Potential" to kill, harm, maim or harm in some way.

if i put it in car terms, should we ban Super-Chargers, Turbos, No2 etc? as you could say it causes people to be dangerous on the roads and to peoples lives (like people say Fire-arms are)
then allow them to be used at Track days only (like the people who only want Fire-arms left at ranges) or not at all

the point is a car is a tool....like a fire-arm, if you were always very sensible and safe, never did anything bad with them and loved you car to death, then imagine someone came along and told you, your Vehicle was now illegal and you must take it down to the Transport Department where it will be sent to be crushed....doesnt matter if its a classic or how much sentimental value it has

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
how many do you think he could kill with a car, .........

Matty, you suggested that "bad" people would replace guns with hammers, knifes and pieces of wood, and I take it from your attempt at diversion above that you realise that they simply dont compare in killing implements to guns. Basically, guns have designed with one purpose in mind, they are very effective at putting living things down, are compact for the job, can be carried to any location and require minimal skill and strength to do the job of killing.

Your point about people mowing down others in large vehicles is sound, there is no doubt about it, a vehicle can be a lethal weapon in the wrong hands, though easily available to the general population, it doesnt appear to be the weapon of choice for most criminals or one time murderers.

However, your point about your gun being a tool? please explain what possible use it has other than putting bullets in "things", if you have a legitimate use for it(feral animal control on a farm) then getting a licence shouldnt be a problem.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
However, your point about your gun being a tool? please explain what possible use it has other than putting bullets in "things", if you have a legitimate use for it(feral animal control on a farm) then getting a licence shouldnt be a problem.

refers to the episode of the simpsons where homer gets a gun..