Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian laws are ####ed compared to america

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
PENSACOLA, Florida (WALA) - Three robbers armed with a baseball bat tried to force their way into the wrong house Saturday night in north Pensacola. The 72-year-old homeowner wasn’t going down without a fight, shooting two of them and sending them running for their lives.

Jack Crawford was in his bedroom watching television when there was a knock at the front door. His 70-year-old sister called for him to get it.

“I opened the door, went over here and right off the bat, he hit me with a bat,” Crawford said.

The top of his skull was split open by the blow, but Crawford didn’t go down. He drew the handgun he was holding down on the hooded and masked invaders.

“I don’t answer the door at night without a weapon, so I shot him. Shot the kid next to him,” Crawford said. “The other one was running.”

Pensacola Police later arrested the two wounded suspects when they showed up at a local hospital to get treatment. The third was later found at a nearby home. They are 15-year-old Earl Benard, 17-year-old Nathaniel Nichols and 18-year-old Curtis Crenshaw. They are all of Pensacola and are all are charged with home invasion and robbery.

A large oak tree in Crawford’s front yard bears the scar of a stray bullet, and will be a permanent reminder of what happened on Saturday night. Crawford said the suspects should be glad they’re not dead.

“I could have killed them, easy,” he said.

Crawford’s actions have inspired some neighbors like Sandra Powers to better protect themselves.

“I’m afraid of a gun, but I called and tasers are legal in Pensacola and I live in Pensacola, so I’m going to get a taser,” Powers said.

But Pensacola Police Sergeant Jim Andrews said it’s best not to take any chances.

“Just because someone knocks on your door or rings your door bell doesn’t mean you have to answer the door,” Andrews said.

Nichols remains in the hospital under police surveillance. All three are expected to be charged as adults.

Homeowner shoots 3 would-be robbers | Fox10tv.com

This shits me. If that happened her the scum would be let off with a slap on the wrist and given medals for surviving gun shots while the old man would be lockef away in jail for attempted murder.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
That 72 year old bloke was here in Australia, he would have been jailed, and the offenders would have been let off scott free.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Now lets make it opposite.

PENSACOLA, Florida (WALA) - Three robbers armed with a pistols forced their way into the wrong house Saturday night in north Pensacola. The 72-year-old homeowner went down without a fight, being shot 3 times in the head then shooting his sister in the head.

having worked with guns for quite a while, I'd rather not allow anyone access to them thanks.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Some American laws are better than Australian ones. Australian gun laws however are far, far, far better than the American ones. Firearm death rates per 100,000 people is over 6 times higher in the USA compared to Australia. Thanks but I'll stick with here.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Quote from an American in 2001:

If you combine the populations of Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Australia, you'll get a population roughly the size of the United States. We had 32,000 gun deaths last year, they had 112. Do you think it's because Americans are more homicidal by nature? Or do you think it's because those guys have gun control laws?

nuff said!

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Yep, but Australia has a bigger gun black market trade. It's easier to buy a gun in the black market then it is legally so if someone was going to go far as shooting someone do you really think they are going to bother worrying about acquiring a license first? I think not!

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Yep, but Australia has a bigger gun black market trade. It's easier to buy a gun in the black market then it is legally so if someone was going to go far as shooting someone do you really think they are going to bother worrying about acquiring a license first? I think not!

Yep it is so easy to get a gun though the black market trade you can pick up nearly any kind of military/non military weapon for #### all.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

:rofl: What a crock. The US underground gun trade is much much worse than here. Clearly you have never been to the US. I witnessed first hand how easy it was to get RPG's, ak's, greandes, claymores, various sub machine guns and even bloody minimi's.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yep it is so easy to get a gun though the black market trade you can pick up nearly any kind of military/non military weapon for #### all.

If it so so easy, go buy yourself an SR98, an F88 and M60 for kicks. Let me know when you are ready to post images.